Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Va buck...

Old 11-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Another Va buck...

Very nice. congrats
Old 11-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Good one. Congrats.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats VAI wish I could see something like that on this side of Virginia!![:@]
Old 11-25-2008, 05:02 PM

Thanks guys but I didn't kill him..[&o] he came by just out of range for me and the shotgun, he walked right to the next guy about 120 yds down from me and he got him..
Old 11-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Thanks guys but I didn't kill him..[&o] he came by just out of range for me and the shotgun, he walked right to the next guy about 120 yds down from me and he got him..
I meant congrats on setting your buddy up in a great spot.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I meant congrats on setting your buddy up in a great spot.
Yeah you were definately right Landon... the rest of the world just has no idea.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks. Congrats to them.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Landon,

I guess its good sportsman to set someone else on one...your day will come. I hunted tha new land beside the area I showed you. Took two nice bucks out this weekend. Nothing to post about, but typical 20 inch spreads and basketracks. I came across about an acre of rabbit thicket, with a trail for a horse running right through it, and noticed scat and some rubs. I had the 4 yr old and one of the rubs was above her head. ai didnt have the camera, butwentback out tonightand set up the trailcam. In abouta 20b yrd span he had torn up evry sappling and even a tree with a good 3 inch diameter. ai will take pictures on Thursday when I hunt it. I moved my climber about 30 yrds off the trail, and about 10 ft from the rubs. I sat in the stand this evening and grunted and bleated, but no show. Im getting inthere before dark on thrsday, even Saturday to getthis buck. its the ten/12 Ive spoted on a firld edge and thats where he has been bedding inthe thick cedars and thicket. i have a good view of the trail from the field and to where he is laying down. If all goes well, it will tag me out for antlered deer this year, and leave me with turkey and bear. I need a carcass or omething meaty to tie to a tree for the bear...I havent seen him since preseason.

You are still welcome to come up....I will be moving over to the river and the islands next to the food plots. Im serious, just the few of us if you bring eric, and even Andy. Just give me a heads up