Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad luck.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:31 AM

Default Bad luck.

Itwas in muzadloader season, i've been seening 3bucks (3pt,5pt,8pt)at my corn feeder alot and was wanting to kill one of them with my bow. It was getting dark and I put my bow on the string and let it down, then i was putting my rattling antlers in my pack and look up and see a deer walking my way.It was of an evening and it was getting really dark, and i pull my bow up and nock an arrow and thenthe 5pt and 8pt come straight as a string to my feeder and I could BARLEY see my pin and I draw back and put it right behind the shoulder (i thought i could only really see the outline of the deer I know i feel so stupid) and shotI looked for hrs for him but as bad luck I have it started raining so I get down and start trying to find blood I didnt find a drop and also my bow rusted from the rain![:@][:@]Then about70yrdsdown the hill I find myBeaman ICS with the rage with meat on it,(the blades werent bent or broke at all which they usally are) thenjust 3days ago one of my dads freind killed him he was 13in wide and pretty tall he had bent shot in the shoulderi was so close but I will NEVER do something so stupid again I couldve came back again and killed him probaly but the deer was not hurt he was breeding a doe when he was shot, but he would of been a good first buk with a bow.