Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Stupid Can People Be?

Old 11-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How Stupid Can People Be?

I went to the grocery store today and while getting stupid stuff like...food, there was two guys talking. One told the other that his brother was arrested for shooting his 15 point buck. He said when the brother got his deer to the car, DNR pulled up and looked at the buck and the tag. He then put the brother in 'cuffs and ******ed him to his car. Turns out the guy shot this massive 15 point buck with a shotgun and put his bow tag on it. Shotgun season doesn't start here until December 1st. The guy shot the buck with two slugs and took it to his car. He didn't even have a bow with him and does not bow hunt, but felt it wasn't right that bow hunters got to hunt the rut and gun hunters didn't. Anyway, his daughter came out and got him after he lost the buck, gun and car to DNR and won a $5000 fine. After his daughter got him home, he took her car and went out and got drunk. On his way home, he got stopped by the state patrol and arrested for DUI and driving without a license.

The guy finished up by saying that his brother thought he was going to get out of the fine and loss of car because he bought a tag to hunt during the rut. The fact that he did not take it with a legal weapon for this period was irrelavent.

I left the grocery store and had to laugh at the fact that this dipwad poached, got caught, and thought he was going to beat the state code. Then I thought about that 15 pointer that a bow hunter will never have a chance at and the laughter stopped.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Stupid Can People Be?

Yep, just when you think you've heard it all....just start listening and you'll find out that you haven't!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

butt hole of a poacher
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is nice to see morons are all over the country...we can't escape them!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

OOD, you are using profanity on this site and it's not permitted. Go in and remove it from your post!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Nothing surprises me anymore..........sad story.

Another stupid story. A few local landowner/farmers have sold some hunts to out of staters, plus gave permission to others. Problem was the farmers didn't have enough room on their properties so sent them to hunt over "here" or "there" when here or there is not their land. Its made a small mess and po'd some other landowners off. A few have been arrested for trespassing.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

i really feel that poaching charges should be treated like a cruelity to animals charge. basically you are killing an aminal that you have no business killing.... it should be a felony which would cause you to lose your weapons and maybe throw in a life time ban on hunting too.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: grneyemonstr

i really feel that poaching charges should be treated like a cruelity to animals charge. basically you are killing an aminal that you have no business killing.... it should be a felony which would cause you to lose your weapons and maybe throw in a life time ban on hunting too.
thats a little severe. yes poaching is wrong. but theoretically if you are saying joe blow has no business killing a deer then how do you have the right to kill a deer? what if it was a doe would you still feel the same? what if the guy was just trying to feed his family?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: okcaveman

ORIGINAL: grneyemonstr

thats a little severe. yes poaching is wrong. but theoretically if you are saying joe blow has no business killing a deer then how do you have the right to kill a deer? what if it was a doe would you still feel the same? what if the guy was just trying to feed his family?
i have a right because IM NOT POACHING,i payed for a tag and hunt in accordince to the laws. you dont buy a tag and hunt anyway you want, there are rules. personally i could careless about killing bucks i hunt for meat not antlers so yes if it was a doe i would care same goes for ducks, squirels fish and anything else we can hunt or are protected.. sorry but rules are in place for a reason if you cant follow them you should be exculded. if i dont feed my dog andit gets to a life threatening point i can be charged with a felony but if i kill a deer out ofseasonor outside hunting times or with an improper weapon im fined, suspeneded from hunting for a set time period and charged with amisdemenor. Seems a bit backwards. I have no respect for poachers or a guy who huntswith a shotgun during the bow periodbecause he doesnt feel that bow hunters shouldget the rut. And as far as feeding his family.... i dont know if you have lookedaround but there are PLENTY of programs to help people who need to be feed.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

plenty of places to help ppl needing fed? when was the last time you were in rural OK, or AR?

Quick Reply: How Stupid Can People Be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.