Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Magnus Vs Rage

Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Magnus Vs Rage

Alright here goes, I am just curious as to what people think? I am giving two choices here Magnus and rage. I am just asking given the choice between the two which would you pick for reliability, Penetration, accuracy, and ability to preform under less than Ideal conditions, such as a front quatering shot. Or shots the might require splitting bones. And if you do not use either pick the one you would use.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:45 PM

Default RE: Magnus Vs Rage

I use Magnus Stingers and they work great.

I have no experiance with Rage so I can't speak for them.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any (ok most)fixed blade cut on contact will be more reliable than any mechanical BH. Thats a fact and any argument is more opinion than fact. The reason is a mechanical has moving parts that can fail to open. An magnus cut on contact head is already open...nothing to fail.

That being said I am not a big fan of mechanicals. I have some rage BHs though and they are nice. I have yet to use one on an animal but its hard to argue with there success and blood trails.

If I had to choose one and everything else was equal (flight of the arrow) I'd go with a fixed blade everyday.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

What's the point of comparing two entirely different heads? Did you realize Magnus makes more than one head?
such as shooting an deer threw the shoulder blade on a front quatering shot
No broadhead is going toshoot through the shoulder blade, so the end result is going to be the same.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

No broadhead is going to shoot through the shoulder blade
Through the shoulder blade- been done many times. Through the knuckle In the shoulder- won't happen.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Through the shoulder blade- been done many times.
Please show me proof. I've heard many claims, but I've never seen proof of an arrrow going through a shoulder blade and into the lungs. Never.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its apples to oranges. Both heads have their attributes.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: M.Magis

Through the shoulder blade- been done many times.
Please show me proof. I've heard many claims, but I've never seen proof of an arrrow going through a shoulder blade and into the lungs. Never.
I don't take pictures of my exit/entry holes. I've been bow hunting for 24 years and I've seen, compounds, longbows, recurves bust right through a shoulder blade. I have no reason to lie. All of these shoulder hits were with fixed blade heads- Magnus 3 blade Snuffer, Magnus II 2 blade, Bear Razor's, Satellite II 2 blade, Zwickey's.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think you're lying, but I think you're mistaken that they've gone through the shoulder blade. I've been bow hunting for 20 years myself, and I have also hit deer in the shoulder blade, with modern equipment. The shoulder blade will stop an arrow every time. The fact you mentioned recurves and longbows furtherconvinces me you're not talking about the shoulder blade.

Quick Reply: Magnus Vs Rage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.