Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snow covers for your Double Bull hub blinds?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

Default Snow covers for your Double Bull hub blinds?

Guys and gals... I want to buy or make a cover for either my BS5 or Matrix for predator hunting with a bow near some deer carcasses this winter. It will be out in open fields, and I want to know what you guys are using. I want to leave it out all winter once snow is on the ground, so it will need to be a durable material. Ameristep has some diecut kit they sell for $39 but I don't know about it. I thought Double Bull sold a white kit, but their site shows nothing now that Primos owns them. I am sure I could cut sheets and what not..post some pics too please. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:44 AM

Default RE: Snow covers for your Double Bull hub blinds?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=69329

Old 11-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Banned

Thanks Kodiak. I really want something that has no shadows and is solid white...
Old 11-21-2008, 05:54 PM

I'm betting that white stuff Kodiak posted would blend even better than solid white....but it's your setup.

For solid white.....buy some rather large sheets (buy thicker than plain cotton, flannel or thicker sheets) and drape them over it once setup....white cord can cinch it down tight against blind, and cut the window slits once it is on blind.

If you really want to go all out, measure out the sizes needed for side panels and roof, cut out the exact sizes and sew together your own slip cover....that would be some work though.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I'm betting that white stuff Kodiak posted would blend even better than solid white....but it's your setup.

For solid white.....buy some rather large sheets (buy thicker than plain cotton, flannel or thicker sheets) and drape them over it once setup....white cord can cinch it down tight against blind, and cut the window slits once it is on blind.

If you really want to go all out, measure out the sizes needed for side panels and roof, cut out the exact sizes and sew together your own slip cover....that would be some work though.
That is what I want; a custom fit cover so it is tight and not flapping. This is more to blend in with the pure white snow so thieves can't spot it so easy and to hide from people..not animals so much.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

That is what I want; a custom fit cover so it is tight and not flapping. This is more to blend in with the pure white snow so thieves can't spot it so easy and to hide from people..not animals so much.
I agree, that would be the nicest option to have.

In that case....like you said, I know for a FACT DB used to offer these...try shooting them an email about it....Ive heard they have slipped some since changing hands, but maybe they can help you out.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

I just pmed the DB dealer over on Archerytalk..see what he has to offer. I wish DB sold a white blind.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

Hey guys; especially Kodiak..does a whitetail accept a white blind or do they need slightly brushed in? I just got my DB snow cover and have it installed on my Matrix. Fargo ND Scheelshad two of these covers put out by DB on clearance and I saved $30 over the reg price of $80.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:29 PM

Seeing as how a whitetail accepts tractors, hay bales, pump houses and all other such stuff I think it's fine as long as it doesn't show movement or noise nor smell like a human.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

They don't accept same day setups on a blind not brushed when there is no snow. I will find out..trying it this pm in a heavy snow.