Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Out done by one of my students!!

Old 11-20-2008, 06:40 PM

Default RE: Out done by one of my students!!

But I love it!! This kid is a very mature kid for 17 and he has 1500 acrs two counties over from me that will be left to him one day!!!! Can you imagine that, at 17 yrs old being a serious bowhunter with 1500 acs at your disposal for life!!??? I have talked to him before about hunting,but I had no idea he was this serious about it...I mean I teach a lot of kids that "hunt" but they are not serious about it, and that's fine, hell they are teens there isn't much to be serious about at that age, but this is unique..He even told me to come and look at his trophies from shooting traditional contest at the local Dixie Bowman club down the road!!! wow!! what a great day for me...it was just great to hear and refreshing...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned

Pretty cool. I respect the trad guys hugely. I have a recurve and have shot a couple deer with it..but just not as easy for me as the compound.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

But I love it!! This kid is a very mature kid for 17 and he has 1500 acrs two counties over from me that will be left to him one day!!!! Can you imagine that, at 17 yrs old being a serious bowhunter with 1500 acs at your disposal for life!!??? I have talked to him before about hunting,but I had no idea he was this serious about it...I mean I teach a lot of kids that "hunt" but they are not serious about it, and that's fine, hell they are teens there isn't much to be serious about at that age, but this is unique..He even told me to come and look at his trophies from shooting traditional contest at the local Dixie Bowman club down the road!!! wow!! what a great day for me...it was just great to hear and refreshing...
That Is cool as heck Vab!!! Take the kid up on his offer and learn something from him. It will make him feel pretty damn neat too being he's the teacher helping you!!

Good read Landon, Good stuff!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:29 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2008, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

That rocks!!!! Pays to listen to those brats once and a while doesn't it!!!!!Just kidding, Take him up on his offer sounds like a great friend to get to know better!! Walt