Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Whisker Biscuit?

Old 03-31-2003, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which Whisker Biscuit?

After some problems with my arrow rest, I figure it would be a good idea to have a back up with me in the field. The Whisker Biscuit seems like it would be a great rest that is inexpensive and very quick and east to install and tune. But which one should I buy for my set up?

63 pounds, beman carbon arrows and both fixed and replaceable blades.

Has anybody had problems with fixed blades on the arrow rest cutting through the whiskers, or do you normally put the arrow in nock first and bring it back to the string? Also, has anybody tried the quick shot addition to their biscuit?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:35 AM

Default RE: Which Whisker Biscuit?

I use the original WB and I love it! I shoot a Hoyt Dynatec set at 64 lbs. with ICS Hunter 340' s fletched with 4 inch feathers and get average 284 fps. No problems with fixed blades. I load mine with the BH through the WB first, push it through and then nock it. Only minor problem, feather edges tend to wear slightly after multiple shots through the Biscuit, other than that, no complaints! Have not tried the new top load, but I think it is an excellent idea. It eliminates the possibility of your fixed blade coming into contact with the string or cables when loading an arrow in a critical moment, ie. huge bull comes over hill while trying to position for set-up.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the carbon version for my " skinny" carbons. I load the arrow broadhead first and have not have any problems with the blades cutting at all. I did cut a slot in the top for loading but found It weakend the rest some. The new " quickload" version may be a great choice, it looks stronger and should be easy to load. I am guessing you may have bent the prongs on you current rest? that' s one of the reasons I swithched. I really like the wb. It' s not perfect but as a simple hunting rest that is accurate it' s hard to beat.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:04 AM

Great rest for hunting. Load the broad head through first.. Funny thing about using the wb. If you shoot another bow with a normal rest you still load as if you were shooting the wb. When I went to try out a couple of new bows, the guy letting me try out the bow notice the way I nocked the arrow and said " You use a wisker biscuit, don' t you."

I think if I would bought one now I would buy the drop in.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:21 AM

I have just an original WB. It' s very compact and lightweight. It performs extremely well and is easy to tune. I (like 5 shot) cut a notch out for loading from the side . I loosened my disk spun it to 11 o' clock/tightened up,it already has a notch cut into it from the factory so I utilized it and opened it up more big enough for my shafts and so far I have had no problems !
Old 04-01-2003, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jerry,

I have had the opportunity to install several of the " quickshot" replacement sections on several folks' bows. I think it is a great improvement over the original style and helps to solve one potential issue that I had with that particular rest. I would recommend it if you are looking to try the WB.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:50 AM

PA , Are the Quick shots much stronger ? How would you compare the new Quick shot deluxe WB to the plain ole original ? I' ve been looking at that new one !
Old 04-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies guys. I had seen older posts that suggested to use the aluminum biscuit for carbon shafts, or something similar to that, so I wanted to get some feedback on whether I should get set up for the carbon shafts or for the aluminum shafts. I will be shooting both actually, so I might get replacements for various set ups, it wouldn' t hurt to have back ups anyway.

The problem with my bodoodle is that it got scrunched by the baggage handlers on this last trip up north. The dove tail sliding piece on the horizontal adjustment got mashed and the main part of the rest flops around. I called bodoodle this morning and they said if I sent it in they would replace it for free, but I plan to go caribou hunting this weekend so I need to get it on sooner, so I had to pay for the part, and for them to ship it up to me.

I am looking at getting the Deluxe Quick Shot Whisker Biscuit Carbon RH, is $50 a decent price for this rest or could I do better?

Thanks for the input!
Old 04-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank, could I get an original whisker biscuit and buy the quickshot replacement for it? It appears that besides the mounting bracket, it would be identical to getting the new model set up for the quickshot biscuit. Buying an original biscuit and the replacement quickshot would be less expensive, but will I suffer in quality is my concern.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

That will be something that I will have to check on for you Jerry. I am going to be down at the shop tomorrow so I can verify it for you then.

CBM,

I was speaking strictly from an arrow insertion perspective though the new replacement does look " beefed up" to some extent.

Quick Reply: Which Whisker Biscuit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.