Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Whisker Biscuit?

Old 04-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Whisker Biscuit?

I found the whisker biscuit on ebay and went ahead and put a bid in on it. It is the new style with the quickshot part. I like the mounting bracket more than the original whisker biscuit, so I figured I' d just buy the one unit instead of paying shipping twice.

Any tips or feedback on how these work in the cold? I am going caribou hunting this weekend and next weekend, and it will probably still be around zero, plus or minus 10 degrees out.

Old 04-02-2003, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I trim the back side bristles flat. This eliminates a lot of the fletching wear issues and doen' t hurt the rests ability to hold the arrow. I am becoming a real big WB fan. I suggest you go to carolina archerys website and check out some of the faq' s and tips. It will be very helpful in setting up the rest.
P.S Your not going to get me with your " I quit hunting thread" April fools or not
Old 04-03-2003, 06:58 PM

The aluminium biscuit has a .36" hole and the ICS Carbon biscuit has a .32" hole, so if you are going to shoot both carbon and aluminium arrows get the larger hole biscuit. A loose arrow to biscuit fit always works the best with this rest. The aluminium biscuit will work well as is for shafts up to 22xx, you can open the biscuit up by spreading the ring at the split in the biscuit to accomodate a somewhat larger shaft. A tight biscuit increases wear and tear on fletching as well as robbing speed
Old 04-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' ve got the droptine version and did the same as 5-shot trimmed the rear portion of WB flush. I also put the extra dap of glue on the lead of my fletchs, which really minimizes the wear. A hair dryer will bring plastic vanes back to orginal shape as well, FYI. I have actually loaded my arrows either way, with no effect to the wb. The new quick shot version looks very good and if buying new seems to make sense to me.

I love how easy it is to tune and for hunting purposes " IT IS SIMPLY GREAT" ...imho.

Enjoy and good luck on your bou hunt
Old 04-05-2003, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have both a droptine and a deluxe version. I think the deluxe is well worth the extra money. I had to take a round file and cut a notch out of the metal at the bottom of the droptine bracket to allow for proper fletching clearance. Just a small amount did the trick, but without doing that I couldn' t get arrows to tune at all. After doing so I found the rest did an excellent job and is not on my backup bow. I am shooting the " skinny" carbons with the ICS bisquite with good results. I also shot the ICS type carbons out of the aluminum bisquit with no probelms at all.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:52 AM

been using for two years cut a slot for loading near top didn' t seem to hurt performance I know one thing you won' t have to worry about arrow falling off the rest on your draw. One less thing to worry about. Good luck
Old 04-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing that I would like to add is that my arrows that I' ve refletched with my helical arizona E-Z fletch get torn up a lot more than the factory straight fletch that came with my arrows.
I' ve read that 4 degree offset and less are recommended for capture style rest and after my personal experience I must agree. I' m constantly refletching the helical arrows. It' s not ripping them at the base, but cutting the outside edge of the fletching. It will start as a nick and turn into a rip.
I need to get off my butt and order a smaller degree offset fletcher for my arrows, but was kind of thinking drop away for my new bow, so I' m undecided.

I will say this, everytime I hunt with the WB I get a little more sold on how it' s the perfect hunting rest. Last week while pig hunting in a ladderstand I was able to lie the bow across my lap with the arrow ready to go the whole time. And then when I missed my new bow holder and the bow went tumbling into the brush beneath my tree- the arrow stayed chocked up and ready for action! It' s darn near fool proof[&:].