Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!!

ORIGINAL: NYBigbucks

Actually "early IN" We did, I spent countless time on the phone with references that were given, they all checked out, I called the DNR and there were no complaints, he was in buis. for quite some time, checked hunter info systems for feed back, he had a quality web site.. Everything lined up...yes we did our homework..

Still didn't matter..
And NOBODY mentioned that he's a roaring drunk? Who were the references, family members? Sounds very hard to believe my friend. Did the web site or DNR go hunting with him? It's obvious you did not do your homework. Sorry.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:46 PM

PIKE COUNTY BUCKS

I too just returned from PIKE COUNTY BUCKS and hunted with Dan Schipou. I hunted from November 21-23rd. shotgun season........... at 3:30 on sunday the last 1 1/2 hour of my hunt I killed a 161 11 point.

I am not posting to talk about that, however I do want to say that my experence with PIKE COUNTY BUCKS was nothing like what NY BUCKS stated.

I will say that the accomadations were clean and Dan was at the house at 4:00am sharp every morning to make sure we were ready to go. If your looking for a guide that pampers you, then I would say look for another outfitter, but if you want to have the chance to kill a big buck with an outfitter knows his area and has spent ALOT of time making sure your in the right spot, then I would highly reccomend him.

He comes accross a little shy as he feels his english is not so good and expects us as hunters to do our part and not comtaminate the area that your in, And have faith in the area he has put you in.

On our last morning myself and one of the others hunters with dans permission, did a small drive on the island we were hunting and the deer sign was unbelievable! We jumped 2 big bucks and I missed one that decided to swim across the river onto another island. I went back for an afternoon hunt to my stand and killed later that afternoon.

At no time did he ever offer us to hunt on other peoples ground or suggest to us that we could buy additional tags or that he would do anything illegal.

I don't know what NY BUCKS problem was, but I saw none of this on my hunt. I was planning on rebooking before I shot my buck and I am still rebooking. I will reccomend him to ALL my friends!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SHARKFINSHEARS

PIKE COUNTY BUCKS

I too just returned from PIKE COUNTY BUCKS and hunted with Dan Schipou. I hunted from November 21-23rd. shotgun season........... at 3:30 on sunday the last 1 1/2 hour of my hunt I killed a 161 11 point.

I am not posting to talk about that, however I do want to say that my experence with PIKE COUNTY BUCKS was nothing like what NY BUCKS stated.

I will say that the accomadations were clean and Dan was at the house at 4:00am sharp every morning to make sure we were ready to go. If your looking for a guide that pampers you, then I would say look for another outfitter, but if you want to have the chance to kill a big buck with an outfitter knows his area and has spent ALOT of time making sure your in the right spot, then I would highly reccomend him.

He comes accross a little shy as he feels his english is not so good and expects us as hunters to do our part and not comtaminate the area that your in, And have faith in the area he has put you in.

On our last morning myself and one of the others hunters with dans permission, did a small drive on the island we were hunting and the deer sign was unbelievable! We jumped 2 big bucks and I missed one that decided to swim across the river onto another island. I went back for an afternoon hunt to my stand and killed later that afternoon.

At no time did he ever offer us to hunt on other peoples ground or suggest to us that we could buy additional tags or that he would do anything illegal.

I don't know what NY BUCKS problem was, but I saw none of this on my hunt. I was planning on rebooking before I shot my buck and I am still rebooking. I will reccomend him to ALL my friends!

1st post to this forum... Hmmm, perhaps someone got wind of this thread and sent in someone to do some damage control??
If not, then welcome to the site and congrats on the buck. How about a pic of that brute?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Dominant Buck

1st post to this forum... Hmmm, perhaps someone got wind of this thread and sent in someone to do some damage control??
If not, then welcome to the site and congrats on the buck. How about a pic of that brute? [align=right]
[/align]
Now isn't that the truth. You talk about a troll. LOL I wanted to just tell the guy, "Welcome to the Forum Dan". LOL Probably NYBuck hunter sent the link to dear old Dan himself. This could become a real soap opera here. LOL At least he could have taken the time to fill in his profile with some useless info. I know, Dan has been into the sauce and can't think that clearly. LOL
Old 11-28-2008, 03:01 AM

LMAO
Old 11-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

DID NOT do your homework.
Bingo. Beat me to it earlyin.
If you had done the homework in a thorough manner something would have turned up in my believe. BTW I think like David, ol Sharkfinshears is most likely Dan himself or one of his family members. Hope you have taken the necessary steps to file a written complaint.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:12 PM

First off, I am not Dan, the outfitter, I live in NJ and yes, Dan told me aboutthe statement that NY Buck posted, I can assure you that none of the things that NY Buck said, happen to me, nor did any of the other hunters in my camp experienced these things.

It's hard to find a good outfitter, and I have hunted in Kansas, Maryland, Saskatchwan, and in Ohio in addition to Illinois. The only bad experence I had was last month in Ohio where we all were totally ripped off. I feel it is important to defend an outfitter that is wrongly accused of things that are not true.

Anyone that would like to ask me additional questions about Pike County Bucks, can call meduring the week at my office at 973-527-7233

Also, if someone can explain to me how to post a picture of my buck I will be happy to do so.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Randy Ferman
Old 11-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Dominant Buck

So I take it you and Dan have tipped a few together. LOL[8D][8D]
Old 11-29-2008, 07:59 AM

Actually.the only beer we had together was the night we caped out my deer.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

how bout saving your money and find your own deer. people cry about baiting and hunting on ranches all the time. this isnt any better. you go there, they put you where they know deer are and you most of the time kill a nice buck. dont have land? hunt public land!! ive killed a few nice bucks on public land. even though id probably try it just for a change of scenery. lol. it just isnt worth your money and i wouldnt feel the same aboutthe buck that i payed a few thousanddollars to take!! when i looked on my wall and see the deer i have taken i just wouldnt look at that 1 the same.

Quick Reply: Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.