Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hostage Pro

Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Hostage Pro

Bristle Issue

Can any bowtech dudes find out if they are going to improve the wear for next year.
I can say without question the best hunting rest I have used. It's quiet, simple and shoots outstanding.

If Bowtech can solve the wear issue, I am in on this rest.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hostage Pro

Germ...I just ordered another bow from crackers with a hostage pro and he was saying they finally upgraded the quality of the whiskers. I had the same issues, but am glad the next one will be more durable. I suspect u can get an upgraded one.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

Germ...I just ordered another bow from crackers with a hostage pro and he was saying they finally upgraded the quality of the whiskers. I had the same issues, but am glad the next one will be more durable. I suspect u can get an upgraded one.
Cool, what bow did you get from Mike?
Old 11-16-2008, 07:09 PM

I forgot who it was (OKBowhunter maybe?) but they had a killer idea, have two metal side walls on the outside of the bristles to keep them from wearing and flaring out.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt alphamax 32. I hunted with a pro staffer in Kansas and he sold me. Solid little bow with everything you would want for hunting.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bowtech dudes how can i get some new Bristles/whiskers
Old 11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hoyt alphamax 32. I hunted with a pro staffer in Kansas and he sold me. Solid little bow with everything you would want for hunting.
I was looking at the 35 I like this bow, make sure to do a full report
Old 11-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will, probably another couple of weeks. I hope to have it by mid-december. I never really considered a hoyt until I got to shoot one. They are solid and very durable. I really liked the cam and 1/2 also, which I never had considered.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:20 PM

I will, probably another couple of weeks. I hope to have it by mid-december. I never really considered a hoyt until I got to shoot one. They are solid and very durable. I really liked the cam and 1/2 also, which I never had considered.
I love the way this bow handles as well...wish I could pony up for one right now, just have other priorities that rank higher than a replacement bow.

What happened with the Elite, not live up to the hype? Ive never shot one but was really curious about the Z28...
Old 11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trevor, it's a great bow but I just never got comfortable with it, if that makes any sense. I always want great confidence and never got it. It's louder than my guardian and just as rough on the draw. I'll probably keep it for backup, but the quality of the hoyt just won me over.

Quick Reply: Hostage Pro

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.