Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LW Sit and Climb vs. Summit Viper?

Old 11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: LW Sit and Climb vs. Summit Viper?

LT....someone is making a mesh type seat for the LW sit and climb. I'd type something like that into your web browser and see what it brings up. I think they were something like $20.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

LT....someone is making a mesh type seat for the LW sit and climb. I'd type something like that into your web browser and see what it brings up. I think they were something like $20.
They sell that mesh seat on Ebay, but I've never seen one in person. I once put a Summit Bushmaster seat on a LW, made it comfy but as Jeff said a little harder to climb up and down with.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

"something else".
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

LT...."something else".

That would be the locationof the seat. It's too close to the tree to allow for maximum comfort.

What that means, though....is that it's BETTER to actually HUNT out of. I've found (through varying the seat adjustments) that the seat is more comfortable in the "up" position of adjustment. It's also a lot easier to get on your feet at a moment's notice.

Biggest obstacle (if you wanna call it that) I'm having with the LW is the seat getting in the way as I climb/descend. It's a PITA, really. My binos and hand muff make it a tricky ordeal. If they'd come u with a way to secure it further from the tree for ascent/descent they'd make a lot of people happy.

Only other "negative" I have with mine is.....the bungee needs to stay attached to the stand all the time. It's a (&$^#% to find sometimes (as I sometimes leave it at the base of my tree) in the dark. If they'd come up with a way to keep it attached (brainstorm....I'm gonna do just that, today) it would help.

In saying all this, though....I'd take the LW over the Summit ANY DAY. Quietness....ease of packing.....silence on stand are the reasons.

I've climbed 63 out of 65 sits this year.
Guys I bought a hammock style seat for my Lone Wolf and I think it is super comfortable. It only cost me 20 bucks and was well worth it. It didn't seem like it would be, but it was. Definitely worth a shot. here's the link:http://hazmore.net/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=7&ccSIDa6 e70b027d696f1d3afe13fa71f85b8e=f848579ff0cb773750c ca51e0a46ce52