Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

where are the oregon bowhunters?

Old 11-15-2008, 11:50 AM

Default where are the oregon bowhunters?

I'm noticing all of the bowhunters in this forum are from the east coast or the south. We actually have two seasons here. one in late august thru mid september and one more opening the 22nd of November thru mid December. I have been bowhunting 8 years and have gotten a total of 12 animals. Yes, the seasons are "one deer" but I always wait for the buck. Out of 12 only 2 were does, my biggest buck was a large bodied 4 point mulie(that's 8point for you easties) dressed out 160#. That's 40# more than me. By the way, any of you boys let yourladies hunt??
Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 PM

Default RE: where are the oregon bowhunters?

I tried, she was ready to go before the sun fully peaked the horizon.

Sounds like youve had some success....OR is definitely a state I'd like to hit up one of these days.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:25 PM

Default RE: where are the oregon bowhunters?

did she put on her makeup and perfume and bring her purse, too? I am a female bow hunter and love it very much. You should try Oregon. The mulies here are monstrous and the blacktail are everywhere. Whitetail are hard to find. Maybe talk her into going after sun up. Around here the deer are lazy and tend to get up well after sunrise. How about just road hunting with her, let her bring a picnic lunch, you know, girly stuff. Some of us like that kind of crap!