Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Final Solution....

Old 11-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Final Solution....

I have two stands that I set up along major trails and have yet to see any deer along them. I put up a trail camera and after another sit this morning with nothing, pulled the card and just looked at it. 235 pictures of nothing but the neighbor's 4 dogs and coyotes. Several of us who hunt have talked to the dog owner again and again. He says he hasn't seen them for a couple of weeks and said "If you think they are bothering your hunt, just shoot them." Since the last time I talked to him, his wife asked me if I killed their children's pets. I told her that I had NOT killed their dogs. She said that her husband told her that he was sure I did. I'm going to print off the pictures and take them to her and show her that their dogs are still running around the area ruining everyone's hunts.

People who have pets have an obligation to control them. It is illegal to shoot dogs with tags here and I shouldn't have to be the heavy because someone doesn't want to be responsible.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Final Solution....

Sounds like no love lost in that family I would kindly indicated that said animals were still alive by proof of said photos and by the grace of god, but would be dead in the near future if not rounded up. Luck with that.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

The jerk doesn't want pets, but keeps getting them for the kids. Then, when they get loose, he blames everyone else. Another neighbor told me that the dog they originally had kept getting loose and then he finally put it down and told his wife that the neighbor killed it. Now, he wants us to shoot these four yellow labs so once again, he won't be the bad guy. My biggest problem is I have seen them chase deer in the deer sanctuary and now they are raoming all 400 acres I have to hunt.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure this is will upset a bunch of people, but I would not have a problem taking care of the problem! I have killed a bunch of dogs in my time, but I have never killed one that had tags. In your case however, it is clear that the owners of the dogs are not planning on taking care of them and if the dogs have not been seen in weeks, I have to wonder who is feeding them. I think you have two options here. 1st, catch the dogs and take them to an animal control center, 2nd, waste four slugs.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

It is illegal to shoot dogs with tags here and I shouldn't have to be the heavy because someone doesn't want to be responsible.
What tags???
Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not the dogs' fault that they are not taken care of.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

It's not the dogs' fault that they are not taken care of.

But it is your problem.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, that is a deer carcass they are chewing on......

Another neighbor set a trap for them. If they come back to that carcass, he'll catch them and turn them into the rescue league. Hopefully, they'll get a good home a long way from here.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

People who have pets have an obligation to control them.
Exactly.

I live in the "country" and I admittedly let my dog roam free when it's not deer season. Come deer season.....my Lab's either in her room in the basement (which gives her access to a 32x20 fenced in run, also), in the house....or she's within my sight.

if she ran off into the woods and got shot....NOBODY would be at fault....except ME.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 AM

I think you're doing the right thing by trying to capture them and take them to a rescue center. Sucks this guy or his family has such a lack of respect for these animals. Also sucks that it is screwing up your hunt. I think you're handling well.

Quick Reply: The Final Solution....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.