Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Magnus Broadheads

Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Magnus Broadheads

It was not as sharp as it should have been, and I feel that I owe it to an animal that if I do not think my heads are sharp enough that I have sharpened that i should switch to factory sharp heads like stingers. In truth I used my least sharp head for that test, because I knew it was going to end up geting ruined. I do not know but if it had been as sharp as it could have been it might have split that 2 inch board and then Id have something to brag about. But I think that for was many times as I abused it on camera that even if it wasnt as sharp as it could have been it deffinally got the job done and held an edge what that it had.

I just ordered a set of 3 stingers in 125gr, So I plan on keeping my 3 best Snuffers, and using the remaining 2 for test videos and then sending them back to magnus for new snuffers and rotate. and hopefully ill get my 100gr 2blade stingers sold, when I baught them I thought they was 4blade stingers... oh well... Thank you for watching my videos leave coments if you wish and go a head and subscribe if you want.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

also whats the procedure for tuning a 4blade head....
Old 11-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was not as sharp as it should have been, and I feel that I owe it to an animal that if I do not think my heads are sharp enough that I have sharpened that i should switch to factory sharp heads like stingers.
Good post Tex, at least your honest and sincere with the animals you will be shooting!! Good luck with the Stingers, there good heads as well!

also whats the procedure for tuning a 4blade head....
If your bow Is tuned properly you shouldn't have any troubles with getting your 4 blades to fly decent.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

well do I aline the the main blade with the cock vane is what I mean.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

It really shouldn't matter either way. It's more of a preference thing then anything. How do you want It to look when your drawing your bow back? That's what It comes down to. When I shot a 2 blade with bleeders I wanted the main blade flat just because I thought It looked better that way. That was my only reason. It shouldn't matter one bit on performance on how there aligned.