Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I needed this.....

Old 11-13-2008, 05:38 PM

Default I needed this.....

Today I did not plan on hunting b/c of the down pour of rain all day. When I got home at 2:30 pm it quit raining. It was all I needed to motivate me.. We have one more day of regular bow season left before the orange army and the dogs hit the ground...so I went to my quick set up and saw 3 does on the way in. I got into the tree and within 20 sec a doe walked in at 35 yds, then 30 mins later another at 50 yds and then 30 mins after a small 6 pt came in, I picked the bow up on two occassions, just in case... when I hung the bow up and decided not to fool with those deer, it hit me. This is why I do it... the moment I decide to grab the bow, whether I shoot or not , gives me the rush that I live all year for...as I walked out of the woods under the full moon, all was quiet and good, I cherished that walk tonight more than ever before for some odd reason.....Bowhunting.....what a rush !!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I needed this.....

Yep...its that unexplainable satisfaction that you can only get when you are out there going in before dark and coming out after sundown in the middle of their habitat and having to get so close to your prey when bowhunting is another awesome thing, and sometimes the best hunts are when you come home empty handed.

But i know exactly what you mean. Thats why sometimes I just go out to go out and bring a camera or something to capture the moment.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff brother- well said.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Landon, you will have a buck down by Wednesday of next week. Mark my words.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Dominant Buck

This is why I do it... the moment I decide to grab the bow, whether I shoot or not , gives me the rush that I live all year for...as I walked out of the woods under the full moon, all was quiet and good, I cherished that walk tonight more than ever before for some odd reason.....Bowhunting.....what a rush !!!!
That's great stuff.

I thought about this tonight, some, while I sat in a tree. I saw a bearded hen, early.....and then I heard some movement to my left and behind me. It was only a squirrel....but it STILL made my heart race. I just smiled. You can't BUY that kinda stuff. If the rush we get from adrenaline were able to be bottled and sold.....the guy who figured it out would be a really rich man.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

agree 100%
Old 11-13-2008, 06:28 PM

Brett you are very kind and I hope you are right!!! We'll see, but the rut is closing in fast and it's going to get even tougher here... Jeff, I know exactly what you mean, I did that the other day, damn squirrels!!! but God I love how they get me on my toes don't you??
Old 11-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Today I did not plan on hunting b/c of the down pour of rain all day. When I got home at 2:30 pm it quit raining. It was all I needed to motivate me.. We have one more day of regular bow season left before the orange army and the dogs hit the ground...so I went to my quick set up and saw 3 does on the way in. I got into the tree and within 20 sec a doe walked in at 35 yds, then 30 mins later another at 50 yds and then 30 mins after a small 6 pt came in, I picked the bow up on two occassions, just in case... when I hung the bow up and decided not to fool with those deer, it hit me. This is why I do it... the moment I decide to grab the bow, whether I shoot or not , gives me the rush that I live all year for...as I walked out of the woods under the full moon, all was quiet and good, I cherished that walk tonight more than ever before for some odd reason.....Bowhunting.....what a rush !!!!

Landon I sat in the tree until 8:30 last night under the full moon.... it had been dark for three hours... had the arrow off the string, bowsling on the bow... all the stuff pack up.... but I just couldn't leave... didn't want to leave. If I hadn't been cold my dumb ass would probably still be out there. I could see so well with the moon... I watched all sorts of critters you can't or don't hardly ever see during the day. Had I been a little better dressed, I could of sat out there all evening until the moon set.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:40 PM

Andy, it's what connects us all here...the cool thing is...you and I have shared that same feeling when in the woods whether we are hunting the block or miles apart.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Landon, had a hot doe come by me today at 15 yards with buck chasing her full throttle. He was grunting like heck. I did not get a chance to see him as the doe bolted downhill at warp speed as he neared. It was right at sun-up. It would have been sweet to take one out 3 minutes after shooting light....but no dice.

Quick Reply: I needed this.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.