Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you're a trophy hunter and...

Old 11-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If you're a trophy hunter and...

did you hit you heads against your tree one to many time on the last hunt.

To me there would be no reason for a trophy hunter to sit out the rut.

But a good question.
What makes a trophy hunter. Big antlers on the wall how many deer you have killed or how long you have hunted.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aaron...

Tell me exactly how many mature bucks you've seen on their feet during "daylight hours" since youve been hunting them......Outside the rut.
With my own eyes? Can the camera do the work for me because Im not out there as much? Just asking. I really couldnt tell you, But its a whole lot more than during the rut, I honestly dont think they are here. If I could catch one... maybe. But summer, early fall.... Ive seen them.

Video camera screenshot from 2007. I seen him twice with the Rob Buck that I have this year too.

July is Too early I know but just for reference.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Chris....It's Nov. 13th! We've got 17 more days!
True Dat! My theory is people are getting tired and shooting the next buck that shows up instead of passing on them like they did in the early season. Thats why "whats in the bag" is on a rally.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Dominant Buck

True Dat! My theory is people are getting tired and shooting the next buck that shows up instead of passing on them like they did in the early season. Thats why "whats in the bag" is on a rally.
Dang.[:@]

That rules out MY AM plan!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will admit it. I have had one deer in range a doe on a full run. I have only seens two twice when hunting once when the doe ran by. The day before that hunt when walking out. Gun season starts sat. I will gun hunt properly till the end of gun season. Here it is buck only for gun tags. If it is brown and has antlers it is down. Now if i can get my dad to go. He can use the shotgun i can use the bow. That way if a nice buck come in i can use the bow or he can use the gun. But if a doe comes in i can use my bow tag. Then go back to looking for a big boy since i would have some meat.
ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Chris....It's Nov. 13th! We've got 17 more days!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why not just shorten the season to the first 7 days of October. Exactly, why do you need a three month season if you're good and tag soup isn't an issue?

Must wear nothing but a loin cloth and have one arm tied behind your back. Exactly, you do not need clothes and two arms if you're good and tag soup isn't critical!

No hunting over food sources of any kind. Exactly, get them crossing water sources if you're good and tag soup isn't an issue!
No weapons except your bare hand. Exactly, sink your teeth into thier jugular if you're good and tag soup isn't an issue!

Why hunt them when their guard is down and they have nothing but poontang on their mind?

Can you elevate the diffivulty any more than that? YES
Old 11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

If a big buck comes in following a doe you got two noses and four eyes to deal with. You act like a guy can do jumping jacks on his stand and a buck will just stand there sniffing sugar walls. I agree you notatrophyhunter.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The same could be said for you Mo! I guess you get to hunt the rut!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Hoyt,

Ever notice the number of deer going into the bag lately? Sorry, if I would have seen your earlier post, I would have not started this.

Jeff, Iamnotatrophyhunter, I'm ok with that!
Your words not mine. No need to get frisky asI mean nothing personal towards you. I am hunting the rut and I am hoping it will get the big boys up and moving. I passed on many deer in the early season but have seen nill in my last four sits. It was much easier to pattern them in the early season.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Huh? If Minnesota opened It's season In Late August like North Dakota does I know my chances would greatly Increase In getting a trophy buck. My odds would be much better then during the rut. Heck half the time the buck your trying to target In the heavy rut Is 2 miles away on someone elses land. There's allot of luck involved In hunting the rut also- timing!

Quick Reply: If you're a trophy hunter and...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.