Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you're a trophy hunter and...

Old 11-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you're a trophy hunter and...

Gr8,

You haven't a clue. Do you want to go there?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Excellent point buckmaster, watchingBill Jordanand the boys set up on an bean field and the only funnel for 1300 miles waiting on Stickers seams easier than a chance sightingof him during the rut. At least at that time of yearyou can have a general idea of wherehe is going to be.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Duke...If you read my post again it says I hunt for "MY" trophy and that is a deer I would mount. I do not do the age thing..Mature or not. I shoot deer that I would pay someone to mount and put on my wall. In Georgia I have let several 120 ish and a few pushing 130 go. It did not strike me at the time as a deer I would mount...If you go online and check out Georgia Outdoor News you will see guys selling out for a 130" deer...spotlighting, baiting, tresspassing...that is why I stated deer they would sell their kids for...not to pose as a guy letting booners walk every other week. With all the knowledge you share on a regular basis the elitist attitude always keeps "me" from seeking advice.
I'm sorry if I offended you MichaelP. I did not mean too. I just thought it was humorous the statement you wrote.

And NO.. I am certainly NOT an elitist. I rarely even give advice.. unless asked via PM. I read others responses much more than I give my own.. simply because I think it would be arrogant of me to give advice on hunting whitetail.

I simply enjoy humor much more than most.. whether dry or hysterical. I just though that sentence you posted was funny. Nothing more.

If anything.. I could be considered elitist about my sense of humor. I'm a ball buster.. it's what I do.

No harm.. no foul. But you gotta admit.. it was an elitist.. and yet a humorous statement that you made and I quoted. Was it not?
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think it would be cool if we could (and would) answer all these questions without fear of stepping on someone's toes.
Well see, nobody is stepping onanybody's toes. People just think they're being stepped on. It all comes from fear and insecurity witin one's self. -basic human phychology.

Here's a non-toe-stepping statement that is neutral, fair, and factual:

If you drop something from your treestand, gravity will pull it down. If a doe drops estrous urine, a buck will pick it up. Those are mother nature's laws. I'm not making it up.

Killing a buck not on drugs and not running retardedly through the woods is more difficult, PERIOD! I don't understand why that's so hard to accept, admit, or understand.

HEY!!! BILL JORDAN WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only place I'm going is to bed..I'm getting up at 4:30 am, so I can put in 8 hrs, worktomorrow and then drive 2 more hours to catch the last 2 hours of daylight from a treestand and then hunt all day Saturday up at camp.

You boys have fun with your scenerios..and remember..

YOU'RE ALL SPECIAL !!

Nighty Night!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

How comemore big slammers have gone down in Oct so far in our contest? I would be willing to bet (and I personally hope I am wrong) that the contest big buck winner is already on the board.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Chris....It's Nov. 13th! We've got 17 more days!
Fork Horn

Touche Duke...I am sorry for taking you the wrong way. As we discuss the rut I am not really in good sorts right now...I am getting my @## kicked daily. You are very correct in that my original statement could have very well been taken in an elitist manner. Sorry for that...and I should have worded it better. Thanks for the help and now I guess I can PM you and ask a certain question about a #@*#@ old warrior who likes to show me how big he is from 50 yards[:@]every couple days.
Nontypical Buck

Sweet dreams Gr8, and best of luck on your upcoming hunts!

Quick Reply: If you're a trophy hunter and...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.