Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

Old 11-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

Guys don't like to think like some of us do DannyD. It's a great time to be into the bowhunting and archery world, but some would rather bash than appreciate the advancements the industry has made the past few years.

I like to shoot whatever my local shops sell, to support them. Since 2003, it's been a Hoyt. Now this year, things have changed. Mathews, Bowtechand PSE are both within 10 miles of my house, Elite probably 5 miles, and Hoyt 17. it's gonna be a fun winter experimenting!

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Hahahah.
This post cracks me up. Who cares what company comes out with new technology? if it's better then it's better. if you want what that technology provides then buy it. Why does it matter what bow manufacturer it is?
Seems like people are so brand loyal that they get their panties all bunched up if something is said about their bow brand or a different bow brand comes out with something new.
If someone comes out with a 350FPS bow that is quiet, durable, accurate and it fits your budget then who cares if i says Bowtech, Hoyt, Matthews, Martin, Bear or Mattel on it?

Buy it, hunt with it and have some fun.

BTW, My daddy can beat up your daddy
Old 11-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly, I have never understood the undying devotion some guys have to a bow company, any bow company. I understand guys like Rob, Matt, and Greg because they are part of the staff and they get free stuff, so they are obligated to tow the company line, but the rest of you I don't get. That goes for Mathews fanboys, Bowtech fanboys, Hoyt fanboys and down the line.

Why the devotion? Is the company benefitting you in some way other than providing you with their product? No, so shut up.

Until a company starts giving me stuff for free I'm going to look at everything out there as if there was no name on it. I'll shoot what feels the best for me and that's that.

As far as this 360 fps Mathews goes, I'm pretty excited to see what this thing is all about.

P.S. See my sig.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Honestly, I have never understood the undying devotion some guys have to a bow company, any bow company. I understand guys like Rob, Matt, and Greg because they are part of the staff and they get free stuff, so they are obligated to tow the company line, but the rest of you I don't get. That goes for Mathews fanboys, Bowtech fanboys, Hoyt fanboys and down the line.

Why the devotion? Is the company benefitting you in some way other than providing you with their product? No, so shut up.

Until a company starts giving me stuff for free I'm going to look at everything out there as if there was no name on it. I'll shoot what feels the best for me and that's that.

As far as this 360 fps Mathews goes, I'm pretty excited to see what this thing is all about.

P.S. See my sig.
Bry, while I agree with you...

The devotion to a bow brandlikely comes from fitting, and feeling a person the best. Once you get used to x brand bow, I'm betting that will usually be your go-to choice.

I shoot every brand of bow, every year, but always seem to end up with the same brand. I wouldn't consider myself a "fan boy", just a satisfied customer
Old 11-13-2008, 11:04 AM

That goes for Mathews fanboys, Bowtech fanboys, Hoyt fanboys and down the line.
and in that order!

I think you'd find that most guys aren't loyal to the actual manufacturer, just the local dealer. In my case, I bought my Hoyt from a local dealer who Ive traded guns with a half dozen times. I bought my bow, based on what brands he carried...and he is a Hoyt only dealer, so I got Hoyt. Had be been a Mathews dealer, Id probably be shooting Mathews. It just so happened that the bow he carries, fits my likings the best and is a rock solid bow. I have shot others after I bought my bow, but none of them stacked up yet.

Me too! Im waiting for a bow, from any company, to simply WOW me. Fast, dead, quiet, you know all the good things combined in one. AlphaMax almost did it for me, and I see an updated 2010 version being the one.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

P.S. See my sig.
AMEN BROTHER!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

P.S. See my sig.
Bry, while I agree with you...

The devotion to a bow brandlikely comes from fitting, and feeling a person the best. Once you get used to x brand bow, I'm betting that will usually be your go-to choice.

I shoot every brand of bow, every year, but always seem to end up with the same brand. I wouldn't consider myself a "fan boy", just a satisfied customer
It's a good thing you're not betting on me because you'd be losing some money.There is a reason bow companies make adjustable draw lengths and you can twist up a string a cable. Fitting is not a reason to pick a bow IMO. You can make any bow fit you just right. Feel on the other hand is very subjective and can influence a bow purchase. Again for me it's not much of a factor. The only tangiblefeel you really have is in the grip and there are so many aftermarket options for grips these days it should not influence your decision. There are some other kinds of feel that do warrant consideration.

Oneis draw cycle, because that will affect your shooting whether it be on the line or in a treestand, a back wall you are comfortable with, because that too will affect how well you shoot the bow if you creep, valley, because some guys tend to relax and a short valley will take off on them, and most importantly how steady you can lock in with the bow.

These are factors that will affect your shooting and should be the only considerations when INITIALLY looking for a bow. After these factors are satisfied then you can worry about camo options and hand shock. The fact of the matter is that the difference between most major manufacturers these days on these topics are so miniscule that you could pick anyone's bow and most of these factors will be adequate. So, guys go with what their buddies think is cool and it's the best thing ever.

I'm anal, so adequate isn't good enough for me. I shoot until I find a bow that suits my tastes in all of those factors. Anymore it's hard to find a bow that does for me. I used to bea new bow a year, sometimes 2 or 3 kinda guy. Now I'll go 2 or 3 years before finding one that I'll like better than the old one.

That's just me though. Like I said, until someone is going to put a bow in my hand for free, I'll do it my way. Brand name be damned.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 AM

Like I said, until someone is going to put a bow in my hand for free, I'll do it my way. Brand name be damned.
I think an awesome and amusing test for the next GTG is to have a blindfolded bow test....

Have all these different Fanboys, Staff Members, Techies, Hoyt lovers, Mathews people...all blindfolded and handed bows to try and figure out their favorite without feeling it out to determine what it is...Grab it by the grip, shoot it, and hand it back.

Im betting very few would pick the company they are loyal to, or obligated to.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I think an awesome and amusing test for the next GTG is to have a blindfolded bow test....

But everyone would know whenthey had a mathews, because that hunk of walnut is not mistakeable.[8D]
Old 11-13-2008, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

But everyone would know when they had a mathews, because that hunk of walnut is not mistakeable.[8D]
Exactly! I hate the way that feels.

Quick Reply: Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.