Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

What are they dominating ? Did you just admit that Bowtech will steal an idea !??!

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I think that if they have come out with a revolutionary cam design that will change the archery wold, that will be great because Bowtech will apply it to their 2010 lineup and dominate once again. Long live the 82nd.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the advertisement they have in magazines:

Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Seems like there are alot of Mathews haters out there!!! WOW!!!

Ive heard mathews referred to as loud, they made bows quiet.
Handshock??? um last time i checked they were the smoothest bows on the planet..

They changed the bow world for years with all there advancements...

Face the facts even if it doesnt shoot exactly 360fps is going to take the archery world by suprise with whatever it can do. No offense but just about everyone has followed Mathews through all the advancements in the archery world over the last 8 or 9 years, even the beloved bowtech.

Ive shoot a lot of bows and I even worked in a bow shop that sold just about everything under the sun. Mathews always had the least amount of problems, shoot the best, was the quiestest and so on. The speed war, i do believe is stupid, but its what sells. As long as the brace height is 7 to 7.5 the bow should be a beast..... These other fast bows have low brace heights causing for accuracy issues, especially in the woods. If you cant shoot straight what good is speed??

And i read on another post that mathews has the biggest payroll. Last time i check all the major hunting shows(realtree, drury) are rocking PSE and Hoyt, id say they got the payroll right now!!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL. Gotta love all the mathews haters, and the people with the signatures at the bottom of messages like "Bowtech Baby" ... WTF is that.. lmao.. grow up.. get a life.. find a girlfriend.. WOW.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

What are they dominating ? Did you just admit that Bowtech will steal an idea !??!

I think that if they have come out with a revolutionary cam design that will change the archery wold, that will be great because Bowtech will apply it to their 2010 lineup and dominate once again. Long live the 82nd.

HAHAHAHA... Nothing like admitting that bowtech will steal a mathews idea.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 AM

Well, it wouldn't be the first time it has been done. Nothing wrong with improving even if you got the idea somewhere else.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

This thread has 450 views since last nite at 9:30. I love it. Only a mathews ad would cause this much stir. You guys should check out the thread at archerytalk. It's bigger yet.

I'd love to see them plunk out a single cam bow that shoots smooth and quiet and 340 IBO. I think alot of certain bow company lovers would get a good case of bow p*n!s envy, again,and they'd jump ship real fast. The reaction to the ad tells the story in my eyes.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTER818

...not to mention mathews bows have a good deal of handshock so it would take alot to get those kinks worked out..IMO
Come again??? Handshock with Mathews bows? Pass the crack pipe dude 'cuz I want what you're smokin' !! Mathews bows are notorious for being relatively slow compared to other high end bows. They are also notorious for having a super smooth draw cycle, being very quiet & having little to no handshock. How many shots do you have in with Mathews bows? Between my Outback & Switchback XT, I have somewhere around 6000+ shots & I can tell you this- there's no handshock with either of those bows. From what I hear, the Drenalin & DXT have even less handshock than my SBXT.

You can knock the Mathews bows for being relatively slower than some of the other high end bows, but the handshock rap is simply riduculous.

'Dawg
Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

No, it's been going on for 50 years. But youguys were sure quick to stomp on The Other big bow company this year when they released a bow that looked similar toanother big bow company's model, right ?

Well, it wouldn't be the first time it has been done. Nothing wrong with improving even if you got the idea somewhere else.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hahahah.
This post cracks me up. Who cares what company comes out with new technology? if it's better then it's better. if you want what that technology provides then buy it. Why does it matter what bow manufacturer it is?
Seems like people are so brand loyal that they get their panties all bunched up if something is said about their bow brand or a different bow brand comes out with something new.
If someone comes out with a 350FPS bow that is quiet, durable, accurate and it fits your budget then who cares if i says Bowtech, Hoyt, Matthews, Martin, Bear or Mattel on it?

Buy it, hunt with it and have some fun.

BTW, My daddy can beat up your daddy

Quick Reply: Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.