Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

I bet they won't have a recall on limbs though.

No bow company states "hunting specs" since no 2 guys shoot the same set up. They call it IBO specs.

I don't even like Mathews bows, but handshock is hardly a word used when referring to a Mathews bow. Nor the word "loud".

The bow isn't even out yet, hasen't been seen or fired, and you cats already have it compared to your beloved bows. Unreal.

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTER818

Yeah 360 at TECH SPECS they dont tell you what the Hunting setup specs are....about 320 range probably..not leaving anyone in the DUST THERE...not to mention mathews bows have a good deal of handshock so it would take alot to get those kinks worked out..IMO

"BOWTECH BABY"

BH818
Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

No bow company states "hunting specs" since no 2 guys shoot the same set up. They call it IBO specs.

I don't even like Mathews bows, but handshock is hardly a word used when referring to a Mathews bow. Nor the word "loud".

The bow isn't even out yet, hasen't been seen or fired, and you cats already have it compared to your beloved bows. Unreal.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot an 07 Mathews Drenalin and I feel no handshock shooting. My knowledge not opinion.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

I'm still waiting for someone to invent a "handshock" gauge. I don't know where that phrase originated, but it's kinda dumb.

ORIGINAL: Sport4

I shoot an 07 Mathews Drenalin and I feel no handshock shooting. My knowledge not opinion.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 PM

I really do not like what I am reading. Dear lord baby Jesus, please make this talk about a 360fps Mathews go away.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: StrikeTrue

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

My thoughts exactly!
Completely agree. To those who are wanting mathews to not produce a bow that blows the others away, why? if they make a bow that is twice as good as your bows, will it really effect you adn yours. no, so why bother. wait till it comes out, shoot it (plenty of times) adn then judge.

And i completely agree about the limb thing. i owned a blowtech general so i can say whatev. not that it wasnt an amazing bow, they did have a huge problem though.

im anxious to shoot the new mathews though. ive already shot the new bt's and hoyts, and now its mathews turn before i decide what wil be next years bow. either way the 101st is staying though
Derek
Old 11-12-2008, 10:50 PM

I think that if they have come out with a revolutionary cam design that will change the archery wold, that will be great because Bowtech will apply it to their 2010 lineup and dominate once again. Long live the 82nd.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I really do not like what I am reading. Dear lord baby Jesus, please make this talk about a 360fps Mathews go away.
Sweet little 8 pound 6 ounce little infant Jesus, make it stop. Oh, what's that you say, even you are on the Mathews payroll? Seriously, they make a quality product and you pay for it, but they hype is enough to kill a man.

I will say this, if they come out with an "honest" 340 fps out of a single cam, that shoots smooth, I will give them their due. For now, I stay with the company that "caught" them.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds great. I'm all for the bow companies coming up with innovations that might push the entire industry. My first bow was a Mathews....and if I needed to shoot one today....I'd do so with 100% confidence.

They said there set to release this week and that the IBO's would be as high as 360 with incredible matthews designs?
What arethese "incredible Mathews designs"? Maybe the grip is as big as a football?[&:]
Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 AM

I dont understand the you pay for it comments....A Mathews can be had for every bit of a 100 dollar bill cheaper than Bowtechs flagship, even Hoyt this year for that matter. May be because our shop has some great prices, but none the less Mathews is the least expensive of the big 3 in my area.

Quick Reply: Matthews set to leave Archery world in dust??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.