Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things are picking up in PA...

Old 11-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default Things are picking up in PA...

I haven't been out bowhunting since I tagged a buck last saturday, but I've been setting up on some turkeys in the evenings after work and have see some good activity. Not necessarily chasing (my buddies have seen it), but the scrapes I was checking on last week are getting hit now, and I've seen bucks on their feet in mid afternoon in the woods along the roads. I almost hit one yesterday with my truckat 330 pm. Came around a bend, and there he stood. He was a half-rack, his left side was broken off at the brow tine, and his right was 2" out past the ear, with a broken G3, 8" G2. Heavy bodied deer, dark hocks and swollen neck. He stared my truck down when I stopped, and wouldn't move. I hung my head out the window, grunted with my voice, and he actually postured up like he wanted to fight,and took 2 or 3steps towards the truck. I beeped the horn, and he just turned and stepped into the woods as if he had no care in the world.

2 of my buddies called me last nite and said they both saw at least 4 to6 bucks last nite involved in chasing sequencesafter does with other bucks tagging along.

It's game PA hunters. Turn your internet off, find some does,and get out there! ALL DAY!

Go get 'em guys!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Things are picking up in PA...

I'll be out the next 3 days straight. Well hopefully not, due to shooting one sooner