Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Some pics from my stand and an update of my season

Old 11-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Default Some pics from my stand and an update of my season

Hey guys, I took a few photos last week from the stand that I will be set-up in tomorrow morning and I figured that I would share them.

This first picture is of the view straight in front of me. There is a thin strip of golden rods and behind it is a edge that the bucks seem to cruise alot while checking for doe. The woods behind that are made up of nothing but small trees that are usually rubbed up pretty good every fall.

This picture is of the view to my right. The strip of golden rods runs up through this area. On the far side of the golden rods is a swampy area which acts as a funnel for the deer as they have a staging area directly behind me.

This pictures if of the view to my left. There are several crab apple trees that have just started to really drop apples. The deer have been hammering them as their wasn't any corn planted within 3/4 of a mile from these woods and there were pretty much no acorns at all this year. Past the crab apple trees is a old grown up logging road with thick bedding on the opposite side of it. Past the bedding area is a field of soybeans.

Last week while hunting this area, I watched about a dozen bucks working this edge, 4 of which were shooters (too bad I was set-up about 50 yards behind where my stand is now). They all checked this area out, and there has been a group of 2 doe and 2 doe fawns that have been hitting up the apples every morning between 9:00a.m. and 9:30 a.m. They have been back in the evenings as well. With any luck, tomorrow they will bring one of the shooters back and if everything goes right, I can pull it off. I plan on putting out a scentline ofsome Special Golden Estrous doe urine tomorrow in hopes that it will help pull any cruising bucks towards my stand.

Here is a photo of me in stand, the ASAT has performed flawlessly for me as my stand is only 14-15 feet off the ground and I had 4 doe and a spike bed all within 10 yards of me for over an hour the other morning.

And here is a photo of the 9 point that my best friend Matt shot a few weeks ago. Within seconds of shooting this buck Matt had a much bigger 8 point that he guessed to be atleast 18 inches wide come down past him on the same trail!

I hope everybody is having luck out in the woods and look forward to seeing more success posts!

Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Some pics from my stand and an update of my season

Nice setup. Cool pics, good luck out there!