Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For the guys who change in the field..

Old 11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default For the guys who change in the field..

do you all strip completely down an get dressed or do you guys wear your baselayers an jus put on your outter layers in the field???..
Old 11-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: For the guys who change in the field..

I leave the house Naked!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bbearfax

funny guy huh?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

I wear my baselayers bottoms and my Whitetail Extreme bibs to the stand with a long sleeve T then when I'm on stand, stuff the T in my pack and put on my base layer top and outer shirt and Whitetail Extreme parka. Always changing while strapped in!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

depends on the weather...base layers are on the list for next year...

right now, if its warm, i strip and put on my gear...but usually have a regular t-shirt under my scentlock button down, and scent lok jacket or coat

if its chilly, i strip and put on my bibs and all that...but again, t-shirt is a regular shirt..

if its cold, ive been leaving my jeans and tshirt and longsleeve tshirt on under my bibs and scentlok gear...

i need to designate some shirts and such as hunting gear and just wash them in my scent free wash...i did last year, this year i didnt...but, ive had numerous deer directly down wind...and cross my trails etc...

i find it hard to do the whole scent free regular clothes because then im washing a tiny amount of clothes practically EVER hunt because i got them sweaty...and they have direct contact with my skin and such so i feel they are contaminated...i dont know...no good way around it other than getting down right naked and getting completely dressed....but then, you had SOMETHING on to get there which may have smelled or had scent on it which could now be on your skin...lol....

my method been working for me...need some more DDW body foam...i liked that stuff...
Old 11-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MdDave

ORIGINAL: Bbearfax

funny guy huh?
Nah Dave.... He is from THAT part of WV, he probably wasnt trying to be funny..just honest!! Ya know how funny they get across the Md line!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whenever possible I change into my base layers after I get out of my truck. Sometimes it is not possible, but most of the time I don't wear any of my hunting clothes, including base layers in my vehicle. I just wear my base layers to the tree, then change into the rest of my stuff once I am high in the tree (if I am heated up) or just right there on the ground if my temperature is at a good level and I am not sweating.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I've done it all ways. Now....I wear whatever I have to to NOT get overheated on the way in.

I also stay hooked up all the way up and down. So....I get fully dressed before I ascend, now. If I take my time....I have minimal issues sweating (unless its REALLY hot). I see no benefit (for me) to getting dressed at my apex (like I used to).
Old 11-09-2008, 03:26 PM

This year, I have changed over to a layering system from the big jacket system, god I love it.

I wear the following in these 30 degree mornings, and so long as there arent 20 mph winds, I am toasty all day.

UA Short Sleeve Compression Heat Gear (Cold Gear feels itchy to skin, only for comfort not warmth)
UA Long Sleeve Compression Cold Gear
Gander Mtn Polar weight Fleece 1/4 zip base layer pullover (extremely lightweight yet verywarm)
and lastly a regular button up cotton camp shirt (UC or Predator)

My bulkiest layer is a button up camp shirt, the same one I wear in September by itself. When the temps drop some more, I will add the new UA fleece vest underneath that I just picked up....Jacket stays in the pack, only for windy or possible rainy days.

The best part of this, is how easy it is to dress on stand. I usually wear all layers into stand, depending on how far I walk...UA is great at wicking sweat, so your clothes dont get wet and then cold...but if I know Ill sweat on the way in, I only wear the two UA layers, then pull on the fleece and button up shirt once at the base of the tree.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

I wear only my baselayers until I get on stand, then I put on my fleece baselayers, then finally my outerwear.

Quick Reply: For the guys who change in the field..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.