Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For the guys who change in the field..

Old 11-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: For the guys who change in the field..

I've been having good luck with changing my base layer shirt and my socks in the field.Eliminates any sweat from the hike in. Even if it wicks, the moisture is still there, so Ifeel better just getting rid of it from the hike.In the 30's and higher Ijust wear a t-shirt and sweats on the way out, trying to eliminate any overheating.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I drive to my hunting ground in just a pair of shorts and t-shirt, which have also been washed in my hunting detergent. I wear as little as possible in to the stand, usually just pants and my first top layer, with most of my clothes attached to my climber. When I get to the tree, I usually put on maybe one more layer, then climb up. I attach my clothes to a huntin' hoist and haul them up at the end, after my bow is up. I sweat like a champion, so I need to take my time and stay un-clothed as long as possible before getting settled in. Not so easy when it is really cold out, but I can sweat while climbing no matter what the temps are.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I change at the truck when i get to the property im hunting, never wear my cloths in the truck, well mostly never. Most of the places i hunt there isnt much of a walk. So I put everything on except for my jacket and hat,(having the hat on will heat you upfast when walking) Most of my stands are only a few hundred yards from where i can park. My deliema is when i get into the woods i have to act as if deer are all around me at all times, changing under the stand or in the stand is too much sound and movement for my area. The deer are usually within 50 to 100 yards early in the morning and even in the afternoons. The less noise and movement at the stand the better, I just walk really slow.

I hunt one place where its a long walk and that place i wear light clothes in and change when i get close to my stand. I dont like doing it under the stand just because i have seen a lot of deer coming in when im climbing up and i dont want them to catch me moving around my stand, no need to eduacate them more then they are.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

depends on the weather. Here in Texas, most of the time I can change in the field.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

I get down to my underwear and change as fast a spossible because it's usually cold
Old 11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

I wear my 'base layer' under a loose t-shirt and sweat pants on the drive out. (60 mile drive)I wash thosedriving clothes just like they are hunting clothes. I change into my outer layers in the parking lot where I hunt.
I hunt on public land and usually am in the parking lot with other people so I try pretty hard to not get any more naked than I have to.

[:-]
Old 11-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

man i gotta be careful in my base layers. a simple pair of fruit of the looms dnt do much in protection when it comes to saw briars so i usually get dressed at home then go hunting. only had 1 deer wind me that i have actually seen. but i have tons of deer inside of 20 yds every year and they dnt usually spook so i aint woryed
Old 11-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Bartender

I changed everything in the field. Hell even my truck smells like earth scent as I hang a wafer in it.
The cloths I do wear are cloths that I have especially set for to and from my hunting spots
also washed with a scent killer.
This year I also just started using gumoflage for the first time.
I also use a product called nullo a internal Deordorant. www.nullo.com
Old 11-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]