Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two sits and nothing...

Old 11-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Two sits and nothing...

See Hoyt, last nights lows were in the low 50's, same with tomorrow night. Bad here. I walked in and out with a t-shirt today on November 7th...under armour shirt and little fleece top.....what is wrong with this picture in November? Its like beach weather and grilling.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea the weather has definitely played a factor. However, try going 8 sits and seeing only 6 deer total. In theearly season I was surrounded by deer every single sit. I'd say 25-30 sits so far this season, and the first 15-20 sits were the most productive.I think many have dispersed, and the rut is being affected by the temps. Who knows
Old 11-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Two sits and nothing...
welcome to my world, in about 20 sits this year i have seen 5 deer, and 3 were doeson the last time out.Just enjoy the time in the woods, I look at seeing deer as a bonus when i go hunting.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

See Hoyt, last nights lows were in the low 50's, same with tomorrow night. Bad here. I walked in and out with a t-shirt today on November 7th...under armour shirt and little fleece top.....what is wrong with this picture in November? Its like beach weather and grilling.
Brett I think in a month we are all going to be talking about how damn cold it is outside. The way the acorn mast was this year, I believe we are in for a very cold winter. I was thinking about it today...We have already been hunting over a month with about 1 1/2 left. Think of all the hunting we all do around Christmas. I will bet a steak dinner on it that we have snow in a month.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have had a terrible acorn drop this year in Northern VA....almost every hunter I have talked to, some of them I have talked to for years on Quantico say the same thing...NO acorns. Makes it very difficult to pattern the deer. That being said, I am happy with how many deer I have seen and been around so far this year. I have seen as many deer so far as I did all of last year.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

What really sucks is that we get two days of cool weather and it warms right back up [:@][&:]
Old 11-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

6 sits as you say and NOTHING except some Turkeys.
It will all come around very soon-just be patient-thats Bowhunting....Good Luck
Old 11-07-2008, 07:08 PM

make that 3 sits!!! guys you have to understand that hunt in VERY populated deer area.. we have days when someone will see 15 in one stand, and Im seeing nothing!!nthis weather must get better!