Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Strikers

Old 11-06-2008, 05:52 PM

Default G5 Strikers

Has anyone ever used g5 strikers or montecs? if so can you give me any good or bad information about them. do they fly like field tips, make good entry holes, etc.

thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: G5 Strikers

Last year i used a striker and it flew good, i only had one thought because my firend had an extra from the past year so i figured why not? and i shot at a doe opening weekend and missed over her back and found it in a tree and it apeared to be fine. then i decided to just use it as a squirrel head and it worked fine for that until i lost it.
It seemed like a pretty good little broadhead.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

G5 Strikers are 3 blades of Awesomeness.

They are the sharpest, most accurate(in accordance to field tips) fixed blade I have ever used.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Striker and I love it. I have shot two does and a massive tree trunk with the same one and it is still tough as nails and sharp as heck.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Montecs and love them.

They fly just like my field tips, and I do not notice the "noise" that others always talk about. Some say they are not sharp out of the package, but last year, I shot 2 does with the same head, and shot another this year with a new one. To me they are all I need. Extremly tough and accurate.

I have heard alot of great things about the Strikers too.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the Strikers, had I had some available at the beginning of the year, That is what I would be shooting, Scary sharp, accurate, and tough.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have not tried either, but they both look super. The Montecs looks awesome, but I'm just scared of a single piece, that either "flies right, or doesn't. I need to try them, though.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

I switched from Muzzys (no particular reason, since they were great) to Montecs last year. They fly perfectly for me and I've got both deer and antelope with them. Pretty hard to beat, is my opinion. Hopefully I'll receive a package of Strikers I won on another site in time for this year yet and I'll be able to try them as well.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude,

My strikers fly like darts. 100% best BH i've used.

Ryan.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Love the G5 they fly perfect.!!!!!! We have been using them this year, and we have put some nice things in the back of the truck!!

Quick Reply: G5 Strikers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.