Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you rifle hunt?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default do you rifle hunt?

Well... rifle season opens this weekend,stay out of the woods for a while, or join in the chaos?
I personally hunt rifle opener every year,just to carry the tradition.But I must say,I can`t wait till it`s over.
You never hear"let`s make a drive" when bowhunting with friends or family.
What are your thaughts on this-
Old 11-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: do you rifle hunt?

If you can't wait till it's over, then why do you do it anymore?
I rifle hunt.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

I gave up rifle hunting for deer years ago.I'll pick up a 22 to shoot squirrels or a shotgun for birds but deer and big game are meant to be hunted with a bow. For me, it evens the playing field for the gameand makesme connect with nature on a spiritual levellike rifle hunting could never do.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

We don't do drives and the guys on my lease are just as picky of gun hunters as I am a bowhunter. I started sitting with a rifle two years ago with my daughter and last year my wife started wanting to hunt as well. I do sit with them when they come to camp (with a rifle), and while they are in the stand. They will both be harvesting animals this year and I will be sitting right there with em..... We are on private land that we lease and manage....When the girls don't go to the camp to hunt, I get right back into one of my bowstands...
Old 11-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

This topic seems to surface a few times each year on here (I'm guilty of starting a thread once). I love to hunt no matter what the weapon. I do enjoy archery more, but there are things I still love about rifle hunting. For one, it's the only time I really get to spend quality hunting time with my dad. He brought me into this lifestyle chasing PA whitetails with a rifle, and I plan to continue this tradition. I love spending time at our camp, hanging out with the guys, etc. I don't mind if people enjoy archery or rifle more one way or the other, or even if one chooses to only do one, but what I don't like (and I hope this thread doesn't turn into that) is hunters bashing other hunters for their choice of weapon. It's simply not good for our sport.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

it's the only time I really get to spend quality hunting time with my dad. He brought me into this lifestyle chasing PA whitetails with a rifle, and I plan to continue this tradition. I love spending time at our camp, hanging out with the guys, etc. I don't mind if people enjoy archery or rifle more one way or the other, or even if one chooses to only do one, but what I don't like (and I hope this thread doesn't turn into that) is hunters bashing other hunters for their choice of weapon. It's simply not good for our sport.
Well said-
Old 11-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

no rifles here i will be shotgun hunting come the 15th i hope i do not get shot.
Next season i will have a muzzleloader.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt rifle season, but lately its been with a handgun or shotgun.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt rifle season as well- but muzzleloadin is my passion.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a hunter period, so I love every season the gets me in the woods! The tradition of rifle season is generations deep, I would never miss it! I love my Guns!

Quick Reply: do you rifle hunt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.