Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many are wore out already?

Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many are wore out already?

ha ha

Your right, the season can drag on... Over the years it seems like I average about 20-25 sits before I see a buck I want to shoot.... It's about time.....
Old 11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good post....man I felt terrible this morning but I got up at 4am and got on stand. Saw one little buck and nothing else. Told myself I was going home at 10am but I packed up and went out and hunted another spot from 11am-3pm and saw nothing. Left when the temps rose to 70 and the wind switched and swirled. Was gonna throw in the towel for tomorrow morning but am gonna head out and hunt til noon tomorrow.....I need some energy! We need to forge ahead until at least Thanksgiving!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

I am not even close to being worn out yet, I have 3 does down, and am concentrating on a buck now. I wish the season was longer than 3.5 months!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Wore out?!?!?!!? I have only been out 3 mornings and 3 evening so far [:@]

How does that song go ....IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi hate New Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooork [>:]
That's pretty much my story! Had back surgery again in late August which laid me up for awhile. Finally went back to work around Mid-October and work 8-5 M-F so not too many chances to hunt with that schedule. Now of course with the DST last week, not even possible to hit the stand after work now cause it's dark by 5:45. This has been my worst hunting season yet in terms of hunts taken!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

you said it all peako Im wore to a nub, its early every morning and hard to get up, but im doing it brother If i go tag soup, it wont be because i was sleeping in
Old 11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say is I've got no less than138 hours on stand (numerous all day sits)since Oct 15th, and I've seen maybe 10 deer. Period!!I killed a yearling doe, and drew on a decent 8pt at 10 yrds (Oct 16th), but didn't take the shot. There was a small bush next to him. I probably could have killed that buck, but wanted a more clear shot. Things are incredibly slow!![&o] I am NOT seeing any REAL rut activity yet. All I can say is, I hope next week's colder weather will havethem moving! If not next week, I guess I'll have to rely on my Alberta hunt to get a big buck.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Finch

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

I'm excited! Although I'm not too excited about this freaking wind that is gonna be blowing tomorrow and Saturday! 25 mph gusts!
I saw the biggest buck of my life while the wind was blowing that hard, just a couple weeks ago.
Well I have never had too much luck with the wind blowing that hard. Pass some luck this way and maybe by tomorrow evening I'll have something to post with some serious bone on his head and have you to thank!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wore out... never! I have been chasing so many different critters with the longbow this year its amazing. I love it and can't wait to get in the woods every free minute! I've got no self imposed pressure, I'll still hunt thru the woods and stalk what gives me the opportunity, to much fun.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing wearing me out is this freaking 20 mph + wind for a week now!!!! I get up in the tree and the wind rocks me to sleep! Already had one tree go while I was in it ('cept another tree kept it from going all the way with me in it). Sunday the wind is supposed to be pretty much gone.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's like this ... you can go from no deer sightings to DONE in 10 Seconds! FOCUS!

Quick Reply: How many are wore out already?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.