Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Widest fixed blade broad head?

Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Widest fixed blade broad head?

I hate to do this, but I have to pull out Kindergarten Mathematics to get this point across, bare with me everyone.
I hate to do this....but when someone tries to ridicule me with kindergarten references and uses "bare" in lieu of "bear".....I have to consider the source.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 PM

Yet you failed to answer the question...

Give me a break.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

So is a bare two and a half inches, more or less than a two inch bear.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I hate to do this, but I have to pull out Kindergarten Mathematics to get this point across, bare with me everyone.
I hate to do this....but when someone tries to ridicule me with kindergarten references and uses "bare" in lieu of "bear".....I have to consider the source.
I purposely used bare to avoid any more confusion, bear may lend to visions of grizzlies and such.... trying to keep a wandering mind focused. im not ridiculing you, just pointing out i learned how to count in kindergarten, is it different in NC?

Pointing out spelling errors in lieu of answering a question is basically admitting you either

a. are wrong and can't admit it
b. honestly don't know the answer
Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

less because a rage 2" is less bearable than the bare 2.5"
Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Then again if the Rage has a "too" inch blade we may have to look at this whole thing differently
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Then again if the Rage has a "too" inch blade we may have to look at this whole thing differently
But of course if you take a to and a half inch for blade against a too inch rage bear in mind the the answer lies in weather your whole size is measured in absolutes orr nonfictional data.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

OK SO ARE THE G5's THE WIDEST THEN???

dang, talking about rage and bowtecs are like talking about somebody's dead grandmother then spitting on her grave after you rob it.

The point to the arguement earlier was 2 1.125" blades equal 2.5" of cutting where as Rage is 2"....period...one cuts more than the other...it's not a question of which direction or something like that or how much you miss an arterty.

Dang. Like asking a beauty shop full of women which roid cream is the best.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

You can't argue that a 3 blade with a smaller cutting diameter has more cutting surface because it's punching a hole in a more concentrated area.........a 2" cut single slice wound channel doesn't benefit from this.
I shoot mechanical heads personally for one reason..........OVERKILL. I can get wider lateral wound channels than I can get with fixed heads. I want to damage as much stuff as I can over as wide of an area. Penertation means very little to me because there really isn't a head made that I am going to have a problem with driving through deer sized game consistently and reliably.
Conversely I cringe when I hear guys shooting a head of a similar small cutting diameter but possess a bow set up that is providing them with ample energy to consistently use larger cutting diameter fixed or mechanical heads.
Use excess energy to your advantage.........the energy expended jamming a small fixed head through and into the dirt 10" can be better used by shooting something larger and more lethal through and only 6" into the dirt.
Understand your bow and what it can do to it's fullest, think about why things should or shouldn't work and make smart choices.
I think these were all references to the rage head.....made not by me....but some board "hack" named Matt / PA.

You can argue his points.....as I share his views. THIS....form womeone who IS going to be trying a different head very shortly.

weather
??

Et tu, Jimbo?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Use excess energy to your advantage.........the energy expended jamming a small fixed head through and into the dirt 10" can be better used by shooting something larger and more lethal through and only 6" into the dirt.
You admit you aren't getting a pass through?

Et tu, Jimbo?
Shakespeare[:'(]

Quick Reply: Widest fixed blade broad head?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.