Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Widest fixed blade broad head?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Widest fixed blade broad head?

125gr. Gobbler Guillotine,4 inches of razors baby[8D]. Oh...you were talking about deer. Sorry
Old 11-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

How can 1-1/4" cut 2-1/2"? Does it lay out upon entry?

What's the largest swath it's gonna cut? 1-1/4". Miss a blood vessel or vital organ by 1/4" and you missed it, period.
With a two blade rage how far do you have to miss by if the blades are 180 degrees from said blood vessel?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

What's the largest swath it's gonna cut? 1-1/4". Miss a blood vessel or vital organ by 1/4" and you missed it, period.
4 blade....which means 1 1/4" one way (2 blades) and 1 1/4" with the other two blades perpandicular to it. for a total of 2 1/2"

I was just curious. Your Rage threads prompted me to ask. We all know the Rage is the RAGE because of how much it slices, but not much is said about the diameter of fixed blades.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

With a two blade rage how far do you have to miss by if the blades are 180 degrees from said blood vessel?

Thats the same thing I was thinking???
Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

By the same amount. But how wide is my swath? How wide is yours?

Like Matt said.....take it to the extreme. Would you rather be sliced with a 12" blade or six 2" in a dia.?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

2blade rage....2"

4blade slick trick that is supposedly got a cutting diameter of 1 1/4....2 1/2"...if it's only 1 1/8" 4 blade, then 2 1/4" swath.....just not all in the same direction as the rage. Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing.

That being said, I dont have a dog in this fight, as I shoot neither.

I like the holes the rage leaves, but in terms of numbers, the 4 blade models cut more.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Post up some photos of these 4+" holes! I wanna compare!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:07 PM

By the same amount. But how wide is my swath? How wide is yours?

Like Matt said.....take it to the extreme. Would you rather be sliced with a 12" blade or six 2" in a dia.?

technically they have to miss from alot farther.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT

With 2 axis being 1 1/4 you get that width on 2 planes. On a Rage you get 2 inches on 1 plane. you can have the shaft of an arrow pass within 1/100 of an inch of an artery and miss the artery using a Rage
Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

That's hilarious.....lol.

Your line (vessel) WOULD run parallel to the rage blades......

I'm out. It's become ludicrous.....and I'm not even touting the rage heads!

Answer me this.....WHich head has a better chance.....by virtue of "odds" of hitting the most vital organs? Remember you're guessing on the orientation of the blades before they enter the chest cavity.

GMMAT

With 2 axis being 1 1/4 you get that width on 2 planes. On a Rage you get 2 inches on 1 plane. you can have the shaft of an arrow pass within 1/100 of an inch of an artery and miss the artery using a Rage
Again......you're having to suppose the worst case scenario. Answer the question posed above.

Quick Reply: Widest fixed blade broad head?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.