Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

unethical but man do i wish it was

Old 11-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default unethical but man do i wish it was

Well tonight I saw a yes a deer only one but its nore than I've seen for weeks well anyhow I see a buck step. Into the clearing anbd its too dark to see. What size buck he is. Well I saw hhe had horns I get readdy grunt at him he turns I'm like ok ill be able to see what he is when he's closer. Well anyhow he never came closer

I get baxk down to my friend he's standing. In the field he comes up toi me and he's like dude did you see that buck???? I was like uyeah I passed on him why he was like he's freaking huge!!! Turns out hour was the 150 I was chasing.

In the end I did the right thing via I diddnt shoot and risk it but man I wiash I had the. Buyck get closer

Ryan and he walked away so

Edit: OK now on the regular computer.

Well, tonight I saw a deer yes a deer. Only one but its more than what I've seen for weeks.

well anyhow. I see a buck step into the clearing all I could tell you was that he was a buck. And its getting too dark to see what size buck he is. Well I saw he had horns and I get ready bow in hand, I let out a grunt. He turns towards me and takes a few steps. I'm stoked. Yes here he comes. I put the grunter away, and he turns back the way he was comming I think he was going around a stump TBH.

Its now Dark thirty and I get down out of my stand and make my way to the field. As I got there I see my friend standing there, he's estatic. The buck went down and stood behind my truck. lol. And it was under one of the two street lights. He said when he saw it he laughed, cause he thought he was imagining it. Nope. Sure enough. It was the buck I passed on cause my friend was sitting down by the truck waiting for me to come out and it followed the Trail the deer I saw was on the entire way down to the field. It turned out it was the 150 I was chasing. talk about a sick feeling. But at the same time I was happy to realize that I diddnt wound the deer and then have further problems.

In the end it turned out good because he's not wounded and I can hopefully get a crack at him if this weather ever breaks!!!

Ryan.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: unethical but man do i wish it was

Wow I never realized how bad I type. With my blackberry
Old 11-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blackberry Brandy??[8D]
Old 11-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Blackberry Brandy??[8D]
They go hand in hand where their is one the other is close by.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Blackberry Brandy??[8D]
Too funny Schultzy ----->Coffee now on Laptop = not so good
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Too bad that big boy didn't come out sooner.

I was wondering what was up with the first post. I thought you might still be shaking from seeing the deer when you typed it.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Did somebody say Blackberry Brandy ? It's got to be Hiram Walker brandy, only good blackberry out there. Shootin fluid.

Know the feeling, you did the right thing. I could have done the same thing last weekend with the biggest damn deer I've seen in those woods, but just couldn't take a bad shot. He should still be around, especially now that their getting ready for a full rut and you could seem him during some daylight hours. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Well tonight I saw a yes a deer only one but its nore than I've seen for weeks well anyhow I see a buck step. Into the clearing anbd its too dark to see. What size buck he is. Well I saw hhe had horns I get readdy grunt at him he turns I'm like ok ill be able to see what he is when he's closer. Well anyhow he never came closer

I get baxk down to my friend he's standing. In the field he comes up toi me and he's like dude did you see that buck???? I was like uyeah I passed on him why he was like he's freaking huge!!! Turns out hour was the 150 I was chasing.

In the end I did the right thing via I diddnt shoot and risk it but man I wiash I had the. Buyck get closer

Ryan and he walked away so

Edit: OK now on the regular computer.

Well, tonight I saw a deer yes a deer. Only one but its more than what I've seen for weeks.

well anyhow. I see a buck step into the clearing all I could tell you was that he was a buck. And its getting too dark to see what size buck he is. Well I saw he had horns and I get ready bow in hand, I let out a grunt. He turns towards me and takes a few steps. I'm stoked. Yes here he comes. I put the grunter away, and he turns back the way he was comming I think he was going around a stump TBH.

Its now Dark thirty and I get down out of my stand and make my way to the field. As I got there I see my friend standing there, he's estatic. The buck went down and stood behind my truck. lol. And it was under one of the two street lights. He said when he saw it he laughed, cause he thought he was imagining it. Nope. Sure enough. It was the buck I passed on cause my friend was sitting down by the truck waiting for me to come out and it followed the Trail the deer I saw was on the entire way down to the field. It turned out it was the 150 I was chasing. talk about a sick feeling. But at the same time I was happy to realize that I diddnt wound the deer and then have further problems.

In the end it turned out good because he's not wounded and I can hopefully get a crack at him if this weather ever breaks!!!

Ryan.
That had to be the funniest thing I have seen all day. I was wondering to myself........what country is this guy from or how much did he have to drink. Funny stuff and good luck getting another crack at him.