Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need help!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I need help!!!!

OK!

Tonight on my way home from work someone who was prolly about 25-30 mins ahead of me hit a deer on the exit I take. So I drive up and see this deer I thought it was a Piebald doe and I stop check it out wow.... Its still warm... Wow... I can prolly take this.

Long story short, I take it to my place have my dad look at it he said shoot. see what happens i guess.

Anyhow. I can tell that her stomache has been poked by a broken rib or just poped anyhow, I go and gut her out which was a messy one. like taking the knife and just running it up trough her and not having a care. Yeah.

I get the job done and I dunk her in the river to clean out the Gunk from inside her I did a pretty good job of it and Shes pretty clean still stinks like hell though. NOW my question is Do i have to skin her tonight or how long can it wait before I skin her out??

tomorrow morning im going out hunting and I have work at 10 so I wont have time in the morning so what my question is is it OK to wait till like 6PM tomorrow to skin her and butcher her up?

Ryan.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need help!!!!

It all depends on the temp if I was u i'd skiin it b4 6pm. If you're temps are low you will be ok. If you're temps overnight are going to get below like 45 or so i'd do say ur gona be ok.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya if the temps are 45 or below, I'd hang her outside and prop her chest cavity open with something so that air can circulate inside her. I think you'll be fine though.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Dude...I don't understand....

If you already had the deer gutted......

In the time it took you to go inside....wash your hands.....get on the computer.....type this thread.....

I could have had a small deer skinned, quartered and on ice.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Dude...I don't understand....

If you already had the deer gutted......

In the time it took you to go inside....wash your hands.....get on the computer.....type this thread.....

I could have had a small deer skinned, quartered and on ice.
Congrats. I cant. Remember I live in PA and we only get the opportunity to legally kill maybe about 4-5 deer a year in certain areas, and in mine I have the opportunity to only kill 2. And I dont have anywhere that I could do it without my parents freaking out

Ryan.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

We all need help, Obama just won !

Um, if its going to stayunder 40 degree, it will be ok. Anything above that- do it now !
Drop, I've always heard rumor of there being a republican in New Jersey, now we know who you are. Get out while you can still save yourself. Pennsy can use an extra republican, cross the river and get out while you can.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Mmmm....roadkill. Yummy. Seriously though, do you really need meatso badly you are willing to eat a stinky deer you found in a ditch? Between thefecal contaiminationand the river water you're going to have bacteria everywhere. Most importantly, did you aquire a tag for it? In most states taking even a roadkill deer without a tag is poaching.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always skin them A.S.A.P. then if it is cold enough you can let the meat hang! You got to get the hide off! My guess is your meat may not be any good as warm as it is!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:52 AM

ORIGINAL: IAhuntr
Most importantly, did you aquire a tag for it? In most states taking even a roadkill deer without a tag is poaching.
This was my thought as well, tags for roadkill are a must in WI if you want to keep the critter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.