Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

1st & 2nd deer with bow

Old 11-03-2008, 11:26 AM

Default 1st & 2nd deer with bow

Ok a little background, I got my first bow about 2 months ago. I have never hunted deer in my life.I have hunteda lot of duck, goose, dove, etc just never been around anybody who really deer hunted. 2 months ago I got transfered to a different dept. at work. Everyone there bowhunts and they talked me into giving it a try. I fell in love with from the first arrow. One of the guys I work with has some lease ground a he told me I could hunt it all I wanted. I have been out 6 times this year and seen deer every time I went just none close enough to shoot.

Except for today! At 6:38 this morning a lone doe comes up behind me, makes a right and comes along my right side at 22 yards. She gets to an opening I make a doe sound, well attempted to anyway, to stop her. She stops quartering away I release the arrow, she runs off, I get my binos to watch her but I don't see or hear her go down. So I turn my attention to the arrow stuck in the ground, NO BLOOD on it at all. I thought I missed[:@]Oh well I'll sit a while to see if anything else comes along. At 7:00 here comes another one from the same direction but she turns left and comes up on my left side at 16 yards. I attempt the doe sound again, it works, I release the arrow, watch her run off and go down. At this point I am shaking all over. I wait 45 min get down to retrieve first arrow. THERE'S BLOOD ON IT! I look about 3 feet past it and it looks like someone threw a cup of blood on the ground. The rest is the usual, go get both deer load them up and go process them.

I was so geeked up I had to call everyone I knew an tell them. I am hooked for life.

Sorry no pics. I haven't been taking a camera with me and by the time I got them out of the woods and to a buddies house(it's 70 here today) I wanted to get them processed ASAP.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 1st & 2nd deer with bow

Congrats, it'll sure hook you won't it.