Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BBD IN South Dakota (pics)

Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Spike

Default RE: BBD IN South Dakota (pics)

Thanks for all the compliments guys!! Sorry it took so long to get the story up but its 73 degrees here to day and i had to get him caped and butchered before the meat spoiled, Anyways here is the story.

Me and my wife got into the stands about 3:00, it was about 70 degrees and a south wind. Here stand was about 200 yards to my east. We hadnt seen any deer at all it was just to warm. Bout 5:15 i heard a grunt, i thought it was a buck but it turned out that the buck walked by her stand at 70 yards and she grunted at him, He didnt respond but the doe was behind the buck(not normal) and she turned and came into my wifes stand and she shot her at 20 yrds, The buck then continued on down the trail that came out 25 yards in front of me. when i saw the deer he was 40 yards walking right into my shooting lane at 25 yards, as soon as he cleared the brush i grunted and let it fly. The arrow hit a little forward and busted through both shoulders and broke them. It was 5:30 at this time and i didnt know my wife had shot the doe, so needless to say i was pretty pumped when i got a text that she did. I went and looked for my arrow or blood a POI and nothing, this didnt concern me too much because i seen the arrow hit good but we left anyway. Went home got my buddy and got aftermy buckandher doe around 8:00. The buck ended up going about 70 yards and piled up in some thick willows. we had the deer on top of the tahoe by 10:30 and we were headed home with a GREAT night under our belt!!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Spike

Forgot to mention he dressed out at 250 Lbs. So the mile that we had to drag him was not a good mile, but worth every foot!!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dmen

he will score plenty, great buck
x3