Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just got Pic Text ..... NY Buck down!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just got Pic Text ..... NY Buck down!!!!

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Riiiiight here

And the story.....Not the one I was after, but with shotgun season looming, I couldnt pass him up.

Went out today with absolutly zero confidence, gettin warm, havnt seen squat, trespassers to deal with, etc...

I decided to hunt off the ground for a change, so I went to an old fire lane between a hardwoods and a pine thicket. Right off the bat I noticed a bunch of fresh scrapes and the smell of "deer." I set up accordingly and hung tight. About 6:30 I see a doe and I have every intention of shooting her, then I hear a BBAAAAAPPP (buck grunt[8D]) behind her, so I figure i better see what made that noice instead of shooting her Lol. I see this hoss behind her causing all sorts of ruckus, rubbin trees, pissin on himself, it was awesome. They come in, 2 YARDS, right behind me, since im under a pine tree with big overhanging branches, I dont have a chance to shoot. Instead of comming into my lane the doe decided to not cooperate and run directly away, he follows. So im like screw it, gotta try something, so I step out from under this tree, making all the noise in the world and he is oblivious, focused on the doe. He decides to check out a scrape so he gives me a shot, 32 yards and I drilled him, heart with 2 lungs. He bounds twice then floped, deadder then a smelt...

Enjoy....

Al ... that's a great buck!!! You really need to start your own thread
Old 11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just got Pic Text ..... NY Buck down!!!!

Congrats....ya damn darkhorse [:@]