Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

please delete :(

Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: SCHULTZY POST THE PICS HERE (LESS PAGES)

ORIGINAL: englum_06

Why does it even matter to you what some people think? Everyone has their own opinions, and to me, this situation just seemed kind of odd. I'm not jealous at all, I've seen bigger deer killed here where I hunt and congratulated the hunter, and was thrilled for them. I wish everyone could kill deer like that.

It doesn't matter to me on what some fools think. It matters to me that people are hounding the guy for no reason. Someone doesn't want to believe the guy, fine, let it be. If the guy is telling a lie, he will only hurt himself. But if he is telling the truth, all everyone is doing is beating up on him for no good reason.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

BIG buck!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: please delete :(

Nice rack. Congrats.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the lesson is here , if you shoot a deer, it might be a good idea to 1st put your hands on em before you start a thread and brag about it. At least know he's dead , just makes hunters look bad to have all these " I shot one but cant find it" or "found its rotting or yotes eaten body a few days later , but hey I got the rack" threads on here everyday.

Im not saying you should be ashamed if it happens, it happens to most hunters , myself included, but for pete sake keep it to yourself. Does no one any good.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

The only thing I was concerned about (that hasn't been mentioned), is doesn't there have to be a tag on it for a taxi to work on it? Atleast in IL that's the case as far as I know...
None of mine have tags on them when I take possession of it. His pictures has him in possession.
So when you find your deer, you don't tag it once you begin to take it from the woods?

Not trying to start beef with you, just an honest question.

I can understand not tagging it before you take your pictures just so that the pictures look more lifelike and more natural, but we've always tagged ours before that carcass is moved an inch.

Now clearly that rack has been moved from the woods. All of ours that have ever been mounted, nailed to boards or what not, have the tag either on the back of the plaque orbehind themount somewhere.

If his buddies found it, most likely they didn't tag it for him UNLESS they were carrying his tags around, which in that case (in IL) that's illegal as well as far as I know.
Some states don't have an antler tag. Only a body tag. Just when I was starting to post again in the bowhunting thread you guys pull your same 'ole crap again. You people amaze me!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

In Georgia you do not put a tag on the deer. You have 10 spots for does and 2 spots for a buck, 1 quality and 1 any size except in managed counties and then the county rules apply. He may be telling a lie, but he has been way more open from the beggining about this deer than alot of other threads that have ended in thosands of kudos to the guy for sticking with it[:-]I want to see the picture...it got deleted before I could get home and see it.