Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Hit Need Tracking/Shot plaacement Help? Update page 3 pics

Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer Hit Need Tracking/Shot plaacement Help?

Best of luck this morning!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Got out about 8:00 a.m. started tracking got on a few pin drops of blood. 75 yards from stand found my arrow only went in about 12 - 15 inchs. Lost the blood trail walked avout another 5o yards picked the trail back up just too find 4 small drops of blood, there I sat spinning in circles. Now Im 150 yards out. What way do I go now. The last blood I saw was heading toward a pile of trees so I walked over and there he lays. 150 yards from stand. Needless too say this deer did'nt bleed hardly at all. Its just too bad the coyotes got too him. I was 20 ft up in the tree. Why wasnt there a pass through? 15 yard shot, shooting 70lbs. I must of clipped the lungs??

Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

a few more pics

Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

dude that really sucks![:@]Atleast you g Again soryy!ot to put it to rest! Looks like a good lung shot to me!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's to bad about the yotes. Nice looking buck. The shot looks a little high but more forward than you thought.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Yah it is more forward than I thought. It just happened so fast like I said I was just starting too get my gear together and get out of the tree and I heard it come cruising through. The bad part is after tracking by foot and not finding much blood we took both the 4 wheelers in the woods for more light cause I thought I heard it crash, needless too say we were driving in circles around it.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, definately a lot more forward than you thought, you caught a lung. The shot you originallydescribed is what my hunting friends and I refer to the no mans land shot. Behind the lungs, above the liver, below the spine, minimal guts. I once shot a big 8 with that shot and he was seen 3 weeks later still alive but he had little strength left. I'd rather hit pure guts than the non mans land shot.Nice job on tracking though.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting from 20 feet up in the tree at that anglethat shot was good. The Coyotes are bad most places where I hunt, so I rarely back out unless I see feces on the arrow. I will give them time at least an hour if the shot was good longer if i think I should, and look in the dark with good lights. With a good hit you can recover the deer in the dark. Sorry you lost the meat but at least you got the deer and you didn't wound it.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shooting from 20 feet up in the tree at that angle that shot was good
I agree being the shot was only 15 yards.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

CLOSURE,
However it is not the kind of closure you wanted.
nice buck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Deer Hit Need Tracking/Shot plaacement Help? Update page 3 pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.