Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LoneWolf Alpha TreeStand + or -

Old 11-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default LoneWolf Alpha TreeStand + or -

Hey evvryone, I have been looking at the Lonewolf alpha sit and climb treestand.
What are the pros and cons of it?
Is it worth the money?
Something better?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LoneWolf Alpha TreeStand + or -

You won't regret buying one. I have one, and love it. Awesome stand.I also have the Assault hang-on as well.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have the sit and climb and the alpha hang on/climbing sticks. They are great, I love them both.

pro's- packability, super quiet, and grip a tree like no other, very solid stand.
con's- cost, seat is slightly uncomfy for long sits (but, there is a fix for that)
Old 11-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Since you asked about others,

I feel you can do better than the LW and that is with the Ol'man. I've heard enough negatives from those who own LW to know my Ol'man is a better choice, at least for me. The Ol'man comes in the same weight if not lighter, solid, quiet, packs just as nice, ease of use is incredible and a hell of a lot less $ and the Ol'man is the most comfortable I've seen or heard. Just my Opinion. I've never used a LW and if I was in the market, I wouldn't buy one, I'd buy another Ol'man cause of things I've read and heard.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:04 PM

Check out www.treewalkertreestands.com I have the LX model. It weighs 16lb, snaps together(doesn't make a sound), unbeliveably easy to climb with, sticks to the tree better than any climber I have ever used. Best of all made in the good ol' U.S.A. This climber is the best climber I have ever used. Do yourself a favor and check them out.

Just My Opinion
Old 11-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that the Ol' Man is the most comfortable and most quiet climber that I've ever had. Hard to beat.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

hey hillbilly i noticed that you said there is a fix to the seat on your LW, wondering if you would be willing to enlighten me. My arse kinda get a little tender this afternoon...
Old 11-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Scrat

Check out www.treewalkertreestands.com I have the LX model. It weighs 16lb, snaps together(doesn't make a sound), unbeliveably easy to climb with, sticks to the tree better than any climber I have ever used. Best of all made in the good ol' U.S.A. This climber is the best climber I have ever used. Do yourself a favor and check them out.

Just My Opinion
Honestly, I was very impressed with them at least the way they look. They resemble the Ol'man line and the same comfortable net seat. I like the rests and all but then the price shocked me.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

On small diameter trees my LW alpha hand climber squeaks because there is such an acute angle on thetraction beltsagainst the aluminum that it can't help but squeak most times when you get up or sit down. On larger diameter trees the belt isn't touching the portion of the aluminum that would cause it to squeak and you're fine. This is the only thing I don't like about my LW. Besides that it is head and shoulders above my previous summit.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

On small diameter trees my LW alpha hand climber squeaks because there is such an acute angle on thetraction beltsagainst the aluminum that it can't help but squeak most times when you get up or sit down. On larger diameter trees the belt isn't touching the portion of the aluminum that would cause it to squeak and you're fine. This is the only thing I don't like about my LW. Besides that it is head and shoulders above my previous summit.
I understand that and that's interesting. That's not an issue with the Ol'man I know my Ol'man fits on bigger trees than the LW.

Quick Reply: LoneWolf Alpha TreeStand + or -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.