Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IL is tropical.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default IL is tropical.

Well I am just "venting" the pre-rut is or was in full swing, and now we have mid 70's weather forecastedformost of the week. How do you go from spitting snow last week to fighting those Skeeters and pouring sweatagain a week later? Sorry, just sick of this years weather, half the corn is still up because of typhoon after typhoon this Spring, and now this...[:'(][:@][:'(][:@]
Old 11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: IL is tropical.

keep your chin up solo, the bucks are still out there, just adjust your hunting strategy.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Feel your pain! I'm staying in this afternoon and watching football, grilling steaks, and drinking beer. I'll only be hunting mornings until later this week when it cools back off.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

yeah it sucks. I'll not be hunting anymore until Thursday afternoon when I start my vacation.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree, this weather is crazy! The good news is that a major cold front is on it's way and will be here by next weekend! We will be back in the bucks before ya know it.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not good when you have to wear darn near nothing while walking into the stand. We saw quite a bit of buck movement in the morning. Afternoons are terrible. Everything starts moving the last 5 minutes of light, but like cornfed said, look out next weekend.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Hang in there, man. TwoBuddies from work have killed 130 and 140 class Bucks the last couple of days here in Southwestern Illinois. At least 90% of our corn is still standing. We are all hoping the harvest is well underway and the weather has cooled considerablyby the time first slug season rolls around.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree the weather is hurting us. I have seen a dramatic decrease in morning activities. However, I was able to rattle in two different bucks this weekend (non shooters). The evenings seem to be okay, mornings are slow. The strange thing is I have been seeing more deer in my morning hunts late, between 9 and 10.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

My experience this past week was mixed because of the weather I believe. The highlight was watching a 115" 8 pointer work a scrape at 40 yds (not a shooter for me). I saw 32 deer in 3 days, mostly in the AM when it was cool. There was very little movement in the afternoon due to 70's high temps for the week. Headed back for another week Nov 13th. Hope the weather changes!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

The nice thing about a wether pattern like this right before the rut is you can bet your next ten paychecks when the next cold front comes, you'll see more big bucks in a day or two than the rest of the year combined!

Quick Reply: IL is tropical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.