Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bright red, kind of watery blood

Old 11-01-2008, 08:57 PM

Default RE: bright red, kind of watery blood

Before everyone starts bashing the man, he made a mistake and a bad shot, it's done. He needs advice not heckling. Im sure he realizes that he should not have taken up the trail, but he did, now it's time for anyone with experience to give up their knowledge.. Sounds like a gut shot to me, but with a gut shot deer, they usually bed down at some point, so it maybe superficial.. good luck let us know.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it is watery red blood it would indicate a gut shot. To go 200 yrds without bedding puzzles me though. Like was stated before I just hope you thought it was 200 yrds. Usually a flesh wound is dark red blood. The color of blood when you cut your finger. Water in the blood tells me gut shot.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

If it is watery red blood it would indicate a gut shot. To go 200 yards without bedding puzzles me though. Like was stated before I just hope you thought it was 200 yards. Usually a flesh wound is dark red blood. The color of blood when you cut your finger. Water in the blood tells me gut shot.
I agree. I'm thinking he might of even hit the piss sack on this thing. I've seen watery looking blood before that was caused by the bladder getting arrowed after Inspecting the deer later after we got It. As far as the deer not bedding? I bet your right 2 Lunger from what you said in your other post, deer probably got pushed a little to quick.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Spike

I shot a buck 3 years ago, same shot you had. I had watery looking blood. (luckily i shot mine in the a.m) after the shot he bolted for about 40yards, then tucked his tail, as it twitched. hunkered up and acted instantly sick/sore. luckily it was light, we watched him go about 75yards and bedded up. we sat there and he was jumped out of his bed by another buck, he went another 50 yards and bedded again, we backed out and came back 6hours later, and something had bumberd him again for we gound additional beds, but he was dead at the end of the trail. (not alot of blood in the beds, and it was watery looking) deer that have been gut shot do not usually go far(unless pushed) for they are so sick. if this deer your after has gone 200 yards and is gut shot then its because you may have jumped on him to quick. best of luck, everyone on here knows that im a perfect example of keeping after him, and if hes down you can find him.......LOL. when in doubt back out...OH YEAH my buck that i gut shot 3 years ago, it was on film and when we played it back i shot him at a hard 1/4ing shot, and i made a bad shot, arrow entered right at the top of his nut sack and up through him and out the front shoulder.....just F.Y.I