Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The heat ?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:52 PM

Default The heat ?

It's November 1st. I just got in from hunting with my son. I've got steaks on the grill and I'm in a tee shirt and shorts.The inside thermometer says it 75 degrees inside. Whats wrong with this picture. Are you guys in the NorthEast going to do anything different this comingweek with the forcasted heat. Of course it didn't seem to hinderRob yesterday while I was sweating my but off in the stand. Ken
Old 11-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The heat ?

there is nothing else I can do but to sit in stand and hope. I'm off and have no other choice. In 2 days the deer activity has been no-existant for me.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Same here in Iowa it was in the 70's friday back down to the 60's today. The deer were moving good till this weekend. Its got them all screwed up!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Late this week a front is moving in here in the east, dropping temperatures down by 20 degrees.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

there is nothing else I can do but to sit in stand and hope. I'm off and have no other choice. In 2 days the deer activity has been no-existant for me.
I am just now finally starting to see SOME rut activity. This past week was poor for activity, at least in my area (5-D). Next week will be real deal, I hope.[&:]
Old 11-01-2008, 06:40 PM

It's just nuts. Thursday evening it's hunting with a few snow flurries and now I'm looking for my sweat wicking underwear.[&:]
Old 11-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never fails! Rut starts to kick in and it gets hotter than red fox in a forest fire! I did kill my last P&Y in 80 degree weather. 2 days after the massive tornado in Evansville Indiana. I'm sure bloodcrick remembers that.