Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Most Incredible Day in the Deer Woods - A MUST READ !!

Old 11-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Most Incredible Day in the Deer Woods - A MUST READ !!

Great story! There is nothing more exciting that having a HOT doe in the area. Ive only witnessed somthing like this 3 times... and each time its completely unbelievable. I've even followed the deer around to get a shot at them as the bucks could care less that i was there.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure they noticed me, but to be able to utilize my Primos Buck Roar and to get a response was truely unbelievable..!!

The response to calling is what I like so much about elk hunting. I know that deer respond to calling but to answer back and communicate the way they did was an education.

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

Great story! There is nothing more exciting that having a HOT doe in the area. Ive only witnessed somthing like this 3 times... and each time its completely unbelievable. I've even followed the deer around to get a shot at them as the bucks could care less that i was there.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good read! That is awesome.....These are the things that keep ya goin back!

Shane
Old 11-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hope i can witness something like that in my life
Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

Yea that is for sure..Friday I was planning on taking the evening off, but with that and the pic on the trail camera, hard to stay home.

ORIGINAL: sr77

Good read! That is awesome.....These are the things that keep ya goin back!

Shane
Old 11-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

I think I would have rather witnessed that than to harvest a monster. I am sure you learned a lot about calling. I'm sure its people who hunt a lifetime and never get that lucky. Good story and lucky you.
Chris
Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story!

It's amazing the things we as hunters witness....that most non-hunting folks will never even know about.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing like hearing the real thing. Learned alot about length. One thing for sure, its a constent tone on a grunt. The more aggressive grunts are drawn out and a roar....well by now most of you have seen a video that has that burst of grunt !!

ORIGINAL: trailinone

I think I would have rather witnessed that than to harvest a monster. I am sure you learned a lot about calling. I'm sure its people who hunt a lifetime and never get that lucky. Good story and lucky you.
Chris
Old 11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow....awesome story! I have had a few good days in the woods over the years that weve very memorable....but honestly nothing like that. Incredible...I can only hope for something like that.

Oh, and can all you PA guys send the rut down to va/wv please....this is killing me!

I have ZERO signs of it picking up yet...but this week is typically always good, so I'm optimistic!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, it was incredible to say the least....Hopefully the temps will drop by the weekend, these high 50-60 degree days will slow things down a bit around here..which is ok as I have to work until Thursday...then I am off !!!

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Wow....awesome story! I have had a few good days in the woods over the years that weve very memorable....but honestly nothing like that. Incredible...I can only hope for something like that.

Oh, and can all you PA guys send the rut down to va/wv please....this is killing me!

I have ZERO signs of it picking up yet...but this week is typically always good, so I'm optimistic!

Quick Reply: The Most Incredible Day in the Deer Woods - A MUST READ !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.