Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dear Rob...I may have to recant on calling

Old 10-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Dear Rob...I may have to recant on calling

I just restated it that way rather than calling you ignorant to calling whitetails of which are you not?
Case in point. Now I'm "ignorant", too.

You've never experienced successful calling in your woods. You don't know if it works.
There's a mouthful.

Thus the title of your thread or are you now the guru of calling and above taking advice. I offer it, you denounce it.
Denounce? We have a difference of opinion. That is all. Your side can't be proven....and mine can't be denounced. It's a difference of opinion. Period. "I" can leave it at that.

Fine Jeff, I'll just NOT offer you anything more from here on out.
Your call. I wish you nothing but success and look forward to your next post and your harvest photo(s).

Peace.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dear Rob...I may have to recant on calling

Back fifteen plus years ago I got to hunt from 11 until about 16 years of age on the outskirts of Peachtree City, GA. This is one of the fastest growing/richest cities in the country. This area is 30 plus miles out side ATL and went from rural farm land to subdivision on top of subdivision in a couple short years. This gave the deer few palces to go and took us from several thousand acres 10 parcels of 10 and 15 acres. I had no problem with this as we were still seeing 50 deer on a bad morning. If any guys from Georgia are on here and got a taste of it in the early years you know what I mean. One thing I learned from watching that many deer is that they are very vocal. The does are always making small grunts/bleats but they do not sound lie any calls I have heard. You can manipulate your call and get real close but those deer made alot of noise all the time. I call from opening day until close of the season and get as close as I can to the volume and sounds of those deer I remember frommy early days. The rut changes everything when it is hot and heavy but I am a firm believer that deer can/will be called in anywhere in the country with the right circumstances. By no means do I mean snort wheeze at em on sept 15th, just sound like a deer. I think aggressive calling drives them downwind as they question where is teh hot doe, where is the small buck I need to whip or where is the big boy so I can keep from getting whipped again and maybe sneak some tail. I think if you just sound like a deer, sometimes they ease on over to be around other regular acting deer. I called in 7 does at the sane time with some soft doe grunts on opening day of Alabama's bow season last year (OCT 15th) and our rut down by Auburn is at the very end of January.