Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Blind for Bowhunting???

Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Spike

Default RE: Best Blind for Bowhunting???

I don't know the name. It has all the features of a Double Bull like magnet window covers, hinges, etc, and there is long windows on the sides not showing. It was the first blind I've seen in this camo pattern. I have one from last year that looks like a tree (Realtree?) and it blends in to the woods, but scares deer in the open.

The best thing is since it says Scheels I have a lifetime warranty. I just remembered the name, Boondocks. SRM
Old 10-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

I like my ASAT. I spend more time in it than the Double Bulls I have. they are all gr8 though. I have a DB BS5, DB Matrix, And the ASAT
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SunRiverMan

I don't know the name. It has all the features of a Double Bull like magnet window covers, hinges, etc, and there is long windows on the sides not showing. It was the first blind I've seen in this camo pattern. I have one from last year that looks like a tree (Realtree?) and it blends in to the woods, but scares deer in the open.

The best thing is since it says Scheels I have a lifetime warranty. I just remembered the name, Boondocks. SRM
I looked for Sheels online, but there site is not working.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 AM

I've owned a lot of blinds...

Three Double Bull Matrix 360's, Ameristep Doghouse, Ameristep Brickhouse, and most recently the Ameristep Intimidator.

I liked the material the Double Bulls were made of, but I was constantly breaking poles. I broke at least one pole per blind. Finally I decided that if I couldn't leave my blind out for more than a week without the wind or snow breaking poles, I needed something else.

The Ameristep Doghouse is junk, plain and simple. Old pop-up design, horrible camo pattern (Tangle), and the material was too lightweight to be used in any kind of wind.

The Ameristep Brickouse, for the money, is the best buy. Slightly smaller than the Intimidator, but will all the same features; shoot through mesh, magnetic blackout window covers, zippered door, pouches on the interior for holding misc. items, hanging bow holder, etc...

The Intimidator is both a little taller and wider, but essentially the same as the Brickhouse. Both these blinds came in the Max-1 Open Country.

Stay away from traditional pop-ups and make sure you pick a hub-style blind. Easiest on the market to set up and take down. The Intimidator currently runs $199.99 at Sportsman's Warehouse, so I would assume you could find it for close to that price anywhere else.

Good luck.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Ground Max Deluxe and really like it. I went into my blind a couple days ago in the dark and kicked out a doe that was bedded right next to the blind, so I don't think they mind it. (I never saw her until I opened the zipper and she jumped. She was on the far side of the blind.)
Old 10-30-2008, 10:00 PM

Thanks for all the replys. I saw the ameristep g30 as bass pro for $100.

I'm looking for 1) room for archery, 2) easy setup, 3)quite, and 4) good shooting windows. If anyone else has more ideas please fill me in.

Thanks again.