Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oh SNAP, What the-------

Old 10-28-2008, 07:17 AM

Default Oh SNAP, What the-------

I rush home from work. It's been cold and drizzly all day and I want to get in the stand for the last hour. My 7 year old son Ryan wants to go with me. No time for proper scent control,wipe down get dressed getin the truck and in the stand in less than twenty minutes. Not bad.Anyway, thirty minutes later a doe crosses the creek in front of just out of range. My son actually got upset with me for not shooting. Five minutes later we look behind us and see five doe out in the cow pasture.They're at least three hundred yards out. I'm thinking there is no way they'll get to us before dark when all of the sudden they start running right at us. I stand up and get ready. My son stands up. This is what he's beenwaitingfor.They are just about to enter the woods line in front of us. CRASH, TWANG, MOOOOO. Just as I was about to draw,one of the cattle had come down the fence/woods line, out of sight and crashed into the electric fenceten yards to my right. The deer bugger and the hunt is over.[&:]Oh well, we'll try again tonight.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Oh SNAP, What the-------

Moments like this is why we are out there. Sounds like a fun time none the less.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 AM

Default RE: Oh SNAP, What the-------

Wis bow, absolutely. I love having my kids with me. Last night I had to laugh at Ryan getting upset with me and laughed again with the cattle incident. What are the odds on that happening.Starting this Friday though I go solo for the next two weeks. It's Dad's time.