Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dang Wind Almost Killed My Neighbor!

Old 10-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dang Wind Almost Killed My Neighbor!

Just got off the phone with him. He's sore, but said he took some Aleve and then told me that he'd outlive mycity boy arse!I told him that if he played in the woods by himselfhe sure as heck wouldn't outlive me!For someone his age, he's a hardworking SOB and always gives me crap. I want to be just like him when I get older.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

true no one should be working in the woods by there selfs. Never know what could happen almost like shooting guns by yourself

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Just got off the phone with him. He's sore, but said he took some Aleve and then told me that he'd outlive mycity boy arse!I told him that if he played in the woods by himselfhe sure as heck wouldn't outlive me!For someone his age, he's a hardworking SOB and always gives me crap. I want to be just like him when I get older.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOW HNT

Good thing you were out with him AF! I cannot believe how windy it is out there!
Mike, where do you live?
Old 10-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

I took the day to move some stands, although our winds were not that bad. I had just strapped my han on when I heard a crack and the top third of a poplar fell and knocked my ladder about 2 feet sideways. The branches were stuck in the ground from the impact and two branches were in between the two bottom rungs on the ladder.

Its a crap shoot when in the woods when its windy. Last year I was muzzleloader hunting and the wind picked up and by the time I could get out of the woods branches (not limbs) were falling everywhere. My truck got hit by one of them and put a dent in the hood. I wont even go in the woods when the winds gust, or are over 10-15 mph.

I have had too many close calls. Im glad you made it out oK and your neighbor may need a heating pad tonight but Im sure he will pull through!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's old school and will still be giving people a ration of crap long after I am worm food.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

glad y'all are ok. it got pretty windy here then all of the sudden started snowing[:@]
Old 10-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned

Dang!!! I drove 3 hrs into that NW IA wind today leaving MO. Terrible...only highlight was discovering gas at $2.06 a gallon. Took my savings and spent $500 on new clothes at the Jordan Creek mall though.[:@] Old pants were falling off of me. Lost 12 lbs elk hunting and it seems to be staying off. Glad to hear you guys weren't turned into a tent stake and driven into the ground. Can't believe I spent $75 on a cool button up shirt by Roar at the Buckle that a
Pretty blonde named Amber talked me into buying.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife loves Jordan Creek, and I can't stand it. Too many people and too busy. I have only been in the Scheel's store there and I when I go there, it's in to get what I went after and right back out. Cold today at 34 degrees and still windy. Not as windy as yesterday, but North wind still about 20 mph this morning. Winds are supposed to die down and tomorrow is supposed to start off at 24 degrees. If no wind, I'll be in a stand by this time tomorrow to greet Ole Grandpa if he comes by.