Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've gotta vent, a bit...

I would rather hunt on my own than film for a hunting show with that guy. I don't need that crap.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am similer i am big so make alot of noise going in. But i have gottin better. Should have heard me last year eating chips. crunch every five seconds.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't found many good camera men I get along with. Most I've met think they are God's gift to hunters.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Why don't you get a camera that mounts to your bow? Just you but you'll still have footage.
Because we film for a hutning DVD/TV show production company. We have to use high end cameras and aly down the best footage that we can, therefore- we need a cameraman.

I've told him to be quiet. Earlier in the year he was bringing a huge hiking pack, a big camera bag, a scent lok bag and the top portion of a climber...to each stand, each hunt.

I hate that. I like to bring as little as possible. I told him to lighten the load. He did, a little. I bring a fanny pack or a small back pack and my bow- thats it !

I always tell him to shut up, but he doesnt think he it doing anything wrong. I just hate hearing noises that are un-natural to the woods while we hunt. Heck, if he hunts with me enough, those noises are going to BECOME natural to the woods.
Tine- Please don't take what I am about to say the wrong way, only trying to have you see this as some of us might. From what I have gathered you are relatively new to bowhunting and have appeared to have success. You are passionate about what you do and want to succeed in your quest. You are dedicated and obsessed like many of us which I admire.
Why at this point are you bringing a cameraman with you, why are you even shooting hunting videos? This is my ninth season and I have taken 13 bucks over the years but I have no desire to put that kind of pressure on myself. You might not see it but you are putting yourself into a position where you are not enjoying the hunt. Maybe you should take a few days away from the camera and get out without any pressure or drama. Maybe carting around a camera guy and filming isn't what you truly want to accomplish when you search deep down inside. Just a thought brother but I don't see you having fun and that is what it is truely about.
Hope things turn around for you, the season is still young and you have time to get some good footage coming up.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:09 PM

Yeah, well at least he wasn't wearing GoreTex waders in sub freezing weather and smelling like cigarette smoke while on the trail of a world record brown bear like I had to put up with from my partner this morning. He's just learning to bowhunt so I've got to cut him some slack but criminy sakes! It's a freaking bear the size of some cars! I don't want him knowing we're there! Luckily when we blew him out of bed at 30 yds. he didn't care to see what the wind had brought him, he just wanted away from it.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: racewayking

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Why don't you get a camera that mounts to your bow? Just you but you'll still have footage.
Because we film for a hutning DVD/TV show production company. We have to use high end cameras and aly down the best footage that we can, therefore- we need a cameraman.

I've told him to be quiet. Earlier in the year he was bringing a huge hiking pack, a big camera bag, a scent lok bag and the top portion of a climber...to each stand, each hunt.

I hate that. I like to bring as little as possible. I told him to lighten the load. He did, a little. I bring a fanny pack or a small back pack and my bow- thats it !

I always tell him to shut up, but he doesnt think he it doing anything wrong. I just hate hearing noises that are un-natural to the woods while we hunt. Heck, if he hunts with me enough, those noises are going to BECOME natural to the woods.
Tine- Please don't take what I am about to say the wrong way, only trying to have you see this as some of us might. From what I have gathered you are relatively new to bowhunting and have appeared to have success. You are passionate about what you do and want to succeed in your quest. You are dedicated and obsessed like many of us which I admire.
Why at this point are you bringing a cameraman with you, why are you even shooting hunting videos? This is my ninth season and I have taken 13 bucks over the years but I have no desire to put that kind of pressure on myself. You might not see it but you are putting yourself into a position where you are not enjoying the hunt. Maybe you should take a few days away from the camera and get out without any pressure or drama. Maybe carting around a camera guy and filming isn't what you truly want to accomplish when you search deep down inside. Just a thought brother but I don't see you having fun and that is what it is truely about.
Hope things turn around for you, the season is still young and you have time to get some good footage coming up.
x2. If hunting ever becomes a chore or stressful in any way for me, you will no longer be finding me in the woods. Unforuntately the nature of filiming is that your going to make more noise, no matter who is behind the camera.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

heck i have been having trouble finding a hunting buddy that goes as far as i do with scent controll or does not break a few laws when hunting errrrrrr
Old 10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Who picked the hunters for this production Co.? Who picked the cameramen? Was there no "qualifications" criteria?

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.