Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scary Bear encounter in NM

Old 10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scary Bear encounter in NM

Wow you all are some serious bear hunters. I don't think I've ever seen that many successful deer hunts much less bears. I'm the only one in my family who's ever taken a bear. I'm probably also the only one who spends the kind of time nessarry to find a bear. There's no baiting here. I got mine....spot & stalk.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scary Bear encounter in NM

I'm the only one in my family who's ever taken a bear. I'm probably also the only one who spends the kind of time necessary to find a bear. There's no baiting here. I got mine....spot & stalk.
You've done well then learning on your own, way to go! If we couldn't bait In Mn chances of getting a bear would be damn near zero unless we would be hunting a corn field or something. It's so damn thick In northern Minnesota that you can hardly see 15' In front of you, no spotting and stalking would work here In the big thick woods. My dad has taken a few bear with his recurve doing spot and stalk while he was elk hunting In Colorado. A few years ago out In Montana elk hunting I could of shot a bear but I didn't have a tag. I snuck within 15 yards of him, that was neat and a 1st for me!

Congrats again on your bear!!