Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well I took the Boss hunting yesteday.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Well I took the Boss hunting yesteday.

But I didn't get a chance to see the reaction of any deer. I'm talking about the Boss Decoy.

I was so hoping the bear that I have seen 3 times now would have come around. I would have loved to have filmed that sequence. Alas, no deer came out to investigate him so at dark I got down, disassembled him and laid him in the high grasses so I don't have to carry him in or out. (Don't worry, he's invisible) I'll just stand and assemble him as needed. Look for video footage to come with him in it in the next 2 weeks.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well I took the Boss hunting yesteday.

This should be Interesting stuff!!

Looking forward to It.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, I'm sure something will transpire in the next 2 weeks. You seem to be lucky like that.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:51 PM

I think you should make it a "Rob Buck".
Old 10-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can't wait to see some video of it
Old 10-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

On my trip to IL last year, my friend was hunting this woodlot and kept seeing bucks cruising the cut corn, scent checking apparently (out like 200-300yds). So atlunch oneday he says "man I wish I had a buck decoy, I bet one of em would come to it". I said "there's an old mckenzie bow target in the garage". We went out and got it and he strapped it to his 4wheeler and away he went. When I got back that evening from hunting, low and behold there is a 130" 9pt hanging. He set it up, got in his spot and an hour before dark along comes the buck. It saw the deke from about 250yds across the corn....and made a beeline - running. Whack, 19yds. LOL, nothing like a plan coming together!

BTW...it was one of the old targets...probably 15yrs old (with the small 6pt rack) and all shot to heck. Still worked, I guess when its right, its right.

Rob....your buck is bigger than the ones I'm hunting...they'd run from him! [8D] Good luck!
Old 10-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

ob....your buck is bigger than the ones I'm hunting...they'd run from him! Good luck!
LOL that's what everyone keeps saying.

The Boss stands at 41". They(?) claim a mature buck stands at 42" This rack is a 120"er.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I borrowed a decoy from a friend today (no luck). He showed me how to put it together yesterday and man was that noisy. So I decided just to carry it in already assembled and came to the conclusion that it would be well worth hiding that in the woods if you knew where you were going to use it. Not heavy, but just awkward. Well, I guess after a 1/4 mile it did get heavy.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ob....your buck is bigger than the ones I'm hunting...they'd run from him! Good luck!

The Boss stands at 41". They(?) claim a mature buck stands at 42" This rack is a 120"er.
I don't think its his height that makes him so imposing, I think its his girth.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Did ya score him [8D]

No wonder the bear did not come out, Heck I would be scared to get down and take it apart. [8D]

Quick Reply: Well I took the Boss hunting yesteday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.