Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Man/Boy makes the bow

Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM

Default Man/Boy makes the bow

Today when I came home from the archery shop I fletch up six arrows with blazers. Right before sundown my 16 year old son comes in and ask to shoot a few. To my surprise he walks outside with this PSE Nova we bought at a garage sale 3 years ago to play around with. 31 inch draw set at 63lbs.

Nick ( my 16 year old son ) is just eating the target up with this thing. I am standing there amazed. At 35 yards he is grouping so tight I see fletchings being ripped off and he is using field points. I look at him and say "whats up with the PSE and why are you not shooting the Fred bear TRX. His reply was " Dad I appreciate the TRX you got me but I was messing around with the PSE the other day and it just feels better, I feel more comfortable with it"

Needless to say................I am sitting here now re-fletching all the arrows I fletch earlier))) Son proved my theory once again...........It is not the bow that does the shooting, it is the archer. Once again the boy makes me proud !!!

Dave
Old 10-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Man/Boy makes the bow

Whatever works!. The bow is irrelevant if you dont have the requisite skills to put its advantages to proper use. On the other hand some bows just feel better to some people than others.